Light-O-Rama Forums

Thriller sequence timing

Torqumada286

richslights wrote:

War is the size if the PVC pipes and how long are they
3/4 PVC cut to 18inches then put together with L's, T's, and crosses. 3/4inch PVC is both sturdy and light.

DLTSLC wrote:

caniac wrote:
Lowe's Hardware and Home Depot will be your friend!! lol

And your financial nightmare! :P

Well there is that issue, some folks are really helpful while other make you want to pack a weapon.

Most of the people at my local Lowes are really helpful - haven't had any issues. Many are getting very curious at the project we're building. They scratching their heads trying to figure out why we've been working on Holiday lights in February :P

DLTSLC wrote:

Most of the people at my local Lowes are really helpful - haven't had any issues. Many are getting very curious at the project we're building. They scratching their heads trying to figure out why we've been working on Holiday lights in February :P

same here, curious as to why i needed 10 toilet flanges and 10 2ft sections of 4" PVC plus sleeves. Or why we need 200ft of 3/4inch PVC when almost all know that I am a computer programmer and the better half is an office manager. we usually hire plumbers/electricians/etc.

• 2 weeks later...

With BillP's help, I finally realized what was giving me a fit about sequencing the bass in Thriller. During the song, the bass play sped up his playing by 1/10th of a second. This throws off the timing after that point if you are just cutting and pasting your sequences. I don't think humans can distinguish a sound difference of 1/10th of a second, but they can notice visual changes of 1/10th of a second.

Torqumada

if you ever have a problem with anyone at a lowes store not being helpful get in touch with the mod> manager on duty if that fails to rectify the problem call 1-800-lowes and make a complaint lowes makes it their business to go the extra mile in customer service m purser lowes empolyee 5 years

• 1 month later...

caniac wrote:

richslights wrote:
how much did someone get rope lighting for the thriller sequence and where did you get it
novelty-lights.com has it on spools.  150ft for $55-$75 plus shipping.  For mine last year I got four 6ft faces and still had some left over.

I just checked they are $99, still not bad

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Off topic?

How did this thread go from somebody looking for a sequence in 2012, to rope lights, to somebody looking for a 32 channel sequence with a singing face?