Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Sections for Sale?

jimswinder

I had to return one of my CCR's to LOR for repair a little while ago...and just found out instead of repairing it, they will be sending me a new one.

This got me to thinking what they do with the old ribbon...and in particular, the good sections that might still be working?

Would be nice if they sold them to us who might want to fix and replace those sections in our CCR's that are no longer under warranty...

Would anyone one else buy small sections of CCR's to repair theirs?

Poll above...

So is this the SAME thing as a CCR? Or if its different. Please describe what that difference between them is.

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/701799/209843764-306377966/5m-LED-Digital-strip-with-controller-with-6803-IC-30pcs-5050-SMD-per-meter-DC12V-input.html

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

So is this the SAME thing as a CCR? Or if its different. Please describe what that difference between them is.

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/701799/209843764-306377966/5m-LED-Digital-strip-with-controller-with-6803-IC-30pcs-5050-SMD-per-meter-DC12V-input.html

You don't want to buy that controller, get a ccr controller from lor. Also you need to make sure ray will send your ribbon in rgb not grb otherwise you will have to change things like Jeff said.

Denis Chaput wrote:

Troy Mann wrote:

Not the same ribbon that I believe is a dumb strip

Edit delete all I did not read it all properly

Jeff Millard wrote:

Dawn and I had taken a ribbon out of a silicon tube and then put it back in

Jeff, you mentioned taking the ribbon out of the tube and sliding it back in. My ribbon keeps sliding towards the power/data input side, slowly coming out of its tube when rolled up.
-How did you slide the ribbon back in? pulling it in, or shoving? So far we have just been siliconing the end that was coming out, but soon we will have to do something different.

Brandon H.

Thanks Jeff!

-To answer the original question, yes I would buy ccr sections. But if the ccr is no longer under warranty, I'm almost positive that you can work something like that out with John or Dan currently.

BrandonH wrote:

Thanks Jeff!

-To answer the original question, yes I would buy ccr sections. But if the ccr is no longer under warranty, I'm almost positive that you can work something like that out with John or Dan currently.

Yep...got this reply from LOR the other day:

Hi Jim, Sorry for the delayed response! I had to check to find out if we ever sold good sections of ribbon. Most of the bad ribbons are returned to the manufacturer for credit but I found out we have sold good sections of ribbon upon request from customers. You will need to contact Mary at mary@lightorama.com for more information and prices. Best regard, Kevin

Will something like this work with a LOR CCR controller?

5050 RGB Dream color Flash 5M LED Strip Light 6803 IC 94 change

Also I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with a higher density (more than 150 leds) RGB strip working in conjunction with the LOR CCR controller? If so what make and model?

I"m looking for a bright color changing RGB strip. It doesn't need to exhibit multiple colors at the same instant on different areas of the strip. I would prefer that it be controllable with a LOR controller.

I'm not an electronics fiend, but i can solder and be a little dangerous when needed.

I am not sure what the ccr controller output / strip input is, but I would think it would be standard rgb pixel ribbon protocol. It's a question for someone above my level of knowledge.

I do know that if you double the number of lights, you double the power draw, which may be more than the power supply for the ccr controller is designed for.

If you are highly serious about using the ccr controller with a seperate ribbon, I'd send a pm to Dan. He will know what he is talking about, or be able to find someone who does.

Short answer: I wouldn't have a clue, but lightorama has great customer service who might be able to help you out.

The CCR controllers are (as I understand it) designed for 150 pixels, plus the 7 macro channels.

Last year I was working on a project where the customer wanted to run two CCR's via one controller. It did require extra power to drive the second ribbon.

• The topic was locked