Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Vandalized first full night up and running!

Guest guest

Do you have a link to the camera and card you ordered?

Guest guest

I purchased them off eBay, but there are others like these listed. For the card I was looking for one that had the recording software along with it (not just the drivers). For the camera I was looking for somethin cheap enough that if the IR illumination gave a grainy, unusable image I wasn't out too much money, and I also wanted the wall wart power adapter along with it, most of the cameras listed didn't have one.

http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29392-2357-0?uid=4988330&site=0&ver=EOIBSA080805&lk=URL&Item=300065113323

http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29392-2357-0?uid=4988330&site=0&ver=EOIBSA080805&lk=URL&Item=260069416106

Guest guest

this was my first year for really put up a display, and although it was just statis lights I went ahead and put a small sign at the front corners of the yard that read, "monitored by CC web cam" The folks two houses down had no deterents and didn't get vandalized, but the next block over had 2 houses with lights pulled down a couple of times and thier blowmold Santa stolen.

Sometimes it's just the deterent that's needed to get the thugs to move to the next house - shame it's come down to this for Chirstmas lights.

When I was much younger, the older kids liked to drive down the street with the right side tires in the yard and run over mail boxes. So my dad placed ours on a railroad tie buried about 30" into the ground and set in cement. No one ever hit it, but it would have been interesting to see how much damage a car would take from hitting that thing

Guest guest

Maybe you could zap them with your Light Keeper Pro.

Guest guest

The LKP doesnt hurt that much! I gotten myself with it a few times!

How about a bigger spark maker?

--Daniel L

Guest guest

Just zap them and toss them into your basement and reuse them for your halloween display.:)

Guest guest

Whats that thing called? Tesla coil? :laughing:

--Daniel L

Guest guest

I have motion lights on one corner of the house. I also have outlets under the sophets for Christmas lights - hooked to a heavy duty timer in the garage - nice setup for static display. I disconnected the motion lights and plugged them into the outlets on the timer. The timer turns the motion lights off during show times, then back on. The motion lights (floods) are a good deterrent. They walk up, lights come on. I will be adding more motion lights next year. I didn't have any troubles this year - I did have a static display trashed several years back.

Your not going to stop it all. Kids today are pretty brazen, they do things because they know you can't hurt them. The system protects them more than it does you, and they know this too.

Guest guest

greenmeanie wrote:

That COP should be fired then.

You can't even use deadly force unless someone is in your house. And even then there are rules.

Brad Caudill wrote:
That s***s. I hope that works. The cop said I had every right to shoot them if I owned a gun when the vandals were in my yard. Not worth a life though to shoot someone over it but scare them atleast.

Cops in my area told us if we catch a vandal, wait a few minutes to call them so we can have a few minutes to beat the sh*t out of them.

Guest guest

i read on some other post people where running a loop thou there lor boards with the extra cat5 wire (pins) and if a board is removed form the lor network it will break the circuit and sound an alarm. now do you have to modify the boards to make the loop or is this all ready done. i see points b and a is that what there used for?

Guest guest

Daniel wrote:

Whats that thing called? Tesla coil? :laughing:

--Daniel L

Now there's an idea...I happen to have one of those out at the haunted house ;)

111705-tesla1.jpg