Light-O-Rama Forums

Musical Sequence????

Guest guest

I've had LOR for almost a year now, and this year was my first year using it, i have 40 channels, but I didn't not sync the display to music, whiy??? I have know idea how to.I know what to do with the radio transmitter, but how do I open musical sequences in the sequence editor? Don't you need to convert it to MP3? If so how do I do that? any suggestion wold help because i want to sync my display to music in 06.

Brett

Brett,

As I mentioned in the reply to your email regarding this question, the first thing to do is get the audio file ready. You need to get an MP3 or WMA or MIDI file and place it in the Light-O-Rama/Audio folder.

Then run the Sequence Editor and click File-> New-> Musical Sequence... It will ask you for the name of the audio file... You should see your file and select it.

Then I do not use the taper immediately... Rather I have an event put in every 0.05 seconds. Then I use the tapper from the toolbar to start setting up the sequence.

If you use a WMA file then when you go to open it during the creation of the sequence, type "*.wma " into the file name box... WMA files do not show up in the selection window unless you take this step.

Ok lets say I want to import a song from a cd of mine, The Mannheim Steamrollers for example. I import the song throught windows media player?I believe once you import a song from a cd the media top is audio. But then can you open that in the sequence or no. If not how do I change it, Jeremy Lawton told me to download this Cheetah Audio converter which I did. But I dont really know how to use it. So how do you convert files is my main question???

Brett

Brett Radka wrote:

Ok lets say I want to import a song from a cd of mine, The Mannheim Steamrollers for example. I import the song throught windows media player?I believe once you import a song from a cd the media top is audio. But then can you open that in the sequence or no. If not how do I change it, Jeremy Lawton told me to download this Cheetah Audio converter which I did. But I dont really know how to use it. So how do you convert files is my main question???

You can't just "import" the file...you must "rip" it from the CD. You can do that via windows Media Player or a number of freeware rippers you can find on the net.

Brett.. Maybe this will help. Here are the steps I use to create a musical sequence from scratch.

1. Rip the Song you want from CD to a MP3 file. I normally use 192 kb quality. There are lots of apps that can do this. EZ CD Extractor is very popular and easy to use for this step. You can download it here. http://www.poikosoft.com/download.html

2. Put the ripped mp3 file into the LightORamaAudio folder

3. Open the Sequence Editor and Choose New>Musical Sequence. It should default to the audio folder and you should see your song. Once you choose it then fill in the info like channel numbers, title etc.

4. The Wizard will be next. You can either use the Tapper or set up timing breaks for the lights. So far I have used the Tapper, and had pretty good success. I would recommend if you use the tapper you listen to the song a couple of time first so you have a real good feel for the rhythm and where you want to setup the breaks. Also using the tapper in an environment where you will not be bothered and fairly quiet will help a lot. Once you finish with the tapper you start setting up your light effects and you are all set.

Hope this helps.

Flanman