Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Dryer Vent mounting

jerrymac

I came up with a way to hold CCR ribbon in the center of 4" Dryer vent and keep it staight and defusedg. (see attached). 3/4 PVC with T connectors and 2" riser. Zip tied to the T connectors is a 1" piece of white lath with the CCR zip tied to the lath to keep it straight and supported. 4" white dryer vent hose is streached over the completed bracket. This keeps the CCR about in the middle of the vent hose for an even defusing.
Also see in action (with some dumb rgb ribbons).

same with background lights on

Attached files 305446=16767-CCR Dryer hose holder.JPG

Jerry, how does the CCR in the dryer vent look when have diffrent colors on thr ccr on at the same time ?

Very cool. Now to decide if I am actually going to do a Christmas show, and if I use CCR or CCBs for arches (expected). Then I just have to FIND the white plastic dryer vent hose. Around here I can only find metal dryer vent hoses. I heard from someone that California law requires high temp hoses and that precludes the white plastic ones... Hmmm, I will be in Arizona in March and Nevada in April...

k6ccc wrote:

Very cool. Now to decide if I am actually going to do a Christmas show, and if I use CCR or CCBs for arches (expected). Then I just have to FIND the white plastic dryer vent hose. Around here I can only find metal dryer vent hoses. I heard from someone that California law requires high temp hoses and that precludes the white plastic ones... Hmmm, I will be in Arizona in March and Nevada in April...

Metal is all they sell here in Utah now, also. I think you will have to buy it online now. Try searching for it on the internet.

In a number of states it appears the white plastic type have been banned. I got mine from amazon. 20 foot lenght was about $5.00.

The problem I have, is getting my lights into the 4" dryer vent! I cannot get it in! I think I would need 5" or 6", in order to get it to fit! Anyone else have that issue? with mini lights?

Take a look at the PVC bracket above. If you reduce the size of the riser to about 1 3/4 " and add an additional set like in the picture (making a sideways "H" then strap a pice of lath (like pictured) it would be easy to put mini lights in. Strap it all up with the lights then pull the vent hose over it.

flogger7 wrote:

Jerry, what are you using for 'lath' that the strip is zip-tier to?

white lath (used to be used when doing a lath and plaster wall), available from home depot or lowes. comes in 8 foot lengths 1" wide by 1/8 thick .

Here is a better video. In this one the tube contains a CCR (of course allowing chases, not avaiable with dumb ribbons). and a pic of the frame with the CCR.

Attached files 306293=16797-1Glow-Tube-w_CCR-Close.jpg

Neat! The frame works well, the CCR's have plenty of light in both the light and no light videso. The Dumb strips do as well!

jerrymac wrote:

Here is a better video. In this one the tube contains a CCR (of course allowing chases, not avaiable with dumb ribbons). and a pic of the frame with the CCR.

This frame was 32' long in my Christmas display (two 16' CCR's end to end). Very stable and very light.

• The topic was locked