Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR output in DMX?

WilliamS

I believe there was a thread on this already but my searches came up empty. I thought there was a way to output CCR's in a DMX output.

I knew I saw it somewhere. Thank you guys it will help a lot in the future. Did you notice any hardware hangups running them in DMX format, and did you run the in DMX+Macro or just the native 150 channels?

Thank you

GoofyGuy wrote:

I knew I saw it somewhere. Thank you guys it will help a lot in the future. Did you notice any hardware hangups running them in DMX format, and did you run the in DMX+Macro or just the native 150 channels?

Thank you

I just use it as a 150 channel controller without the macros which can be set up in the hardware config.

I actually used the CCR controller with 6803 modules instead of the CCR strip and it worked without any issues.

There is also one other thing to be aware of. If your dongle/software does not send a continual DMX data stream to the CCR/LOR controller then you will get a slight delay when the data is sent due to the fact the controller needs to work out if its the LOR or the DMX protocol being sent. I used the ECG-DR4 E1.31 to DMX converter and to overcome this issue i set the keep alives on so that a dmx data signal would always be sent to the controller.

1.31 is the direction Im heading just getting the list needed to make it all work. I know LOR is releasing something in that general field soon just how soon will depend on how soon I start buying up hardware.

Also FastEddy, Im over on Aus forums as the same screen name. Ive seen the breakdowns and I appreciate the work you put into making it all easier for us bandwagoners trying to catch up!