Light-O-Rama Forums

ETA for Cosmic Color Floods?

marsh28

Anyone heard from Dan when these will be available? I would like to use them instead of something on DMX protocol but will need to make a decision in the next few months...

I'm probably going to get myself in trouble, but I'd like to quote Dan, who said, on December 23, 2010, in this post:

With 100% certainty, we will be expanding the Cosmic Color series to include Cosmic Color Bulbs and Cosmic Color Floods. The Cosmic Color Bulbs are individually addressable RGB bulbs and the Cosmic Color Floods are high powered RGB LED floods with high power constant current drivers. They are bright!. We spent a large amount of effort last year getting them ready and they will absolutely be sold in 2011.

Steven wrote:

I'm probably going to get myself in trouble, but I'd like to quote Dan, who said, on December 23, 2010, in this post:
With 100% certainty, we will be expanding the Cosmic Color series to include Cosmic Color Bulbs and Cosmic Color Floods. The Cosmic Color Bulbs are individually addressable RGB bulbs and the Cosmic Color Floods are high powered RGB LED floods with high power constant current drivers. They are bright!. We spent a large amount of effort last year getting them ready and they will absolutely be sold in 2011.

Things don't always work out as planned or hoped. Still, I think they will be out soon. Maybe spring or summer or fall.

I totally get your point that even explicit promises are not always kept.
In the Beta Testers forum I have posts from August 2011 S3 testing referring back to my posts from July 2010 S2.8 testing discussing features still not available but promised by Dan in summer of 2009. In a few months it will be three years and I can post about it again.

• 1 month later...

The LOR "help desk" is saying that the CCF's are "being received from the assembler" and "should be available before the end of the month" (that's as of March 19) (and yes it's supposed to be this year!!!)

Whoa - That is a FAST secret sale. I saw it at 2 minutes before - got busy and checked 30 minutes later to find out is is all SOLD OUT..

• The topic was locked