Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR storage

Val Bennett

How many times can a CCR be coiled up to be stored in the original box? I read in the instructions that the ribbon is not meant to be flexed a lot.

That is how I am storing mine....

I think there might be a difference between "coiling" them and "flexing" them at an angle...

I have 3 that are installed on rigid props or grey pvc. I leave them all intact and store them that way. I'm definitely from the "don't handle them any more than absolutely necessary" school.

George Simmons wrote:

I have 3 that are installed on rigid props or grey pvc. I leave them all intact and store them that way. I'm definitely from the "don't handle them any more than absolutely necessary" school.

I was thinking of doing that NEXT year when I attach them on 3/4" PVC...

then for storage I will probably slip them into some larger PVC...like 1-1/2 so they can't be damaged.

Made 4 circles with CCRs zip tied to 3/4" PVC this past season and stored them as is. We'll see if that was a wise thing to do in 10 months. Or maybe sooner when I try out new sequences.

Thanks for the tips - I am going to store the CCR's on their fixtures where I can, and the rest will have to be coiled up. I do like the idea of storing them straight in a larger pvc pipe, I am looking for some space that will accomodate the 17 foot needed.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 12 of the CCR's each are "zip stripped" to 10- 1/2" pieces of conduit and 2- to 3/4" conduit. They withstood 50MPH winds and were actually 10' above my roof. I bought 4 pieces of 4" PVC to make 2-20ft tubes with end caps and store 6 CCR's in each.

• The topic was locked