Light-O-Rama Forums

First year LOR. 48 channels, 14K lights, 12 songs.

dito

Ok, I know I'm A LOT late posting for Xmas display. I juts took video several days after Xmas and left for 2 weeks vacation so didn't have time. I'd appreciate ALL comments good and ESPECIALLY the bad as I want to improve for next year. I had a lot of fun setting this up. It took about 2 weeks to setup lights and rearrange downloaded msuic (yes i cheated). i created the "that's all folks" myself, but that's only 30 seconds...

Luckily, we live on a corner house with LOTS of traffic! Friday Saturday and Sunday (23, 24, and 25th) were busy from 6pm to at least 9pm. I had fun watching the surveillance cameras with the family during the show. The kids would always yell "turn off your lights!" or " move, you're blocking the other car"... and to top it off, we got an anonymous Xmas card thanking us for the light show! The show didn't go live until 2 weeks before since I didn't receive my controllers until the first week of December.

Again, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE comment, thanks!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/gotbluemilk1?feature=mhee

I liked the bush/trees. not sure what they are but they are different. Many displays have a lot of the same items. I like to see what makes each display different from others.

On the bad side. you might want to do some work on the spiral tree. I'm no expert and have not built one yet so take what you can from my comments.

Either way...thumbs up for the time I know you put in. The best thing to remember is the simles it puts on peoples faces. you best critics should be those that come to see your show.

I always try to remind myself this was my first year and it will be better next year.

thanks for your comment. the cypress/tall trees i did have an issue. i went cheap and bought net lights from ebay/china. i will have to read better next time. the net lights from china have a "8 mode controller" attached, that when unplugged/plugged, goes to a random mode. so i could not control them properly. i decided to still use them vs not use them. lesson learned. and yes, the spiral sucked. not enough strands and not enough revolutions. i now know of the spiral calculator!

• The topic was locked