Light-O-Rama Forums

Starting Construction of RGB Star for my new Mega Tree

bretk

Dave H1 wrote:

Bret,

Thanks for the great pictures, now I can show the wife that I'm not the only one that uses the kitchen counter as their work bench.............(LOL)

The pictures look great but your video is truly awesome with the radiating lights.

You have a winner!!!

Lol, yes I work on many projects there :shock:

Bret, where did you find the DMX decoder?

I have already considered those LEDs for a star project myself, but yours gave me even more ideas. Good thing Christmas is 10 months away still.

Hey Bret,
Very nice work! Clean welding as well. I know because I've been learning to weld and it isn't very pretty! Keep up the great work!!

Ralph

George Cotton wrote:

Bret, where did you find the DMX decoder?

I have already considered those LEDs for a star project myself, but yours gave me even more ideas. Good thing Christmas is 10 months away still.

The controller is from David moore at holidaycoro.com

Great job. Never thought of using individual led strips like that. I was considering buying one of the 16' strips and then cutting it.

I might have to start this project sooner than I though.

Oh, and great use of my Dan-Burst!!!

Thanks for the pics and updates bretk! I'm working on a pixel based star and by the looks of yours I'm gonna be real happy!

Donny

• 2 months later...

Glad you brought this thread up. I've finished my star. Its actually a 4 channel star. I don't have any pics yet. but I'll get some this weekend.

Nice job Bret. That should make an outstanding addition to your display.
I have been mulling over a new star myself and I like the 30CM strips that you used for this. I guess I will have to buy a set and make up a new star like this for me as well. The 30CM pieces make for a very nice size star don't they? With the brightness of the LEDs it will be a very shiny topper for sure.