Light-O-Rama Forums

What are the best dmx led rgb flood lights on the market

duner10

GaryMartin wrote:

The problem with those inexpensive DJ lights is that they're not even close to being outdoor units. :( It takes a lot of effort to convert them over to something useable when there are already options for RGB Floods that are packaged up to withstand any weather. In most cases, floods like the Rainbow Extreme are a TON brighter than the Chauvet floods.

Gary - Chauvet also makes outdoor RGB units... I use Colorado 1 units, which are rated at IP66. I wouldn't drop them in the pool, but they do fine in the weather (and sprinklers). The cost, however, is steep.

D.T.

Sure, all of the commercial brands make outdoor units but I think most of us would walk away from a $1,000 RGB flood that wasn't as bright as something like that $150 Rainbow Extreme. :(

Just sayin....

DownTown wrote:

GaryMartin wrote:
The problem with those inexpensive DJ lights is that they're not even close to being outdoor units. ;) It takes a lot of effort to convert them over to something useable when there are already options for RGB Floods that are packaged up to withstand any weather. In most cases, floods like the Rainbow Extreme are a TON brighter than the Chauvet floods.

Gary - Chauvet also makes outdoor RGB units... I use Colorado 1 units, which are rated at IP66. I wouldn't drop them in the pool, but they do fine in the weather (and sprinklers). The cost, however, is steep.

D.T.

Just purchased a rainbow extreme. I will compare it to the chavet when it gets here and sure the video with you all. What else do I need for the rainbow extreme to talk to madrix....

Cable. :( The Rainbow Extreme is a DMX device, it's ready to roll.

lharzman wrote:

Just purchased a rainbow extreme.  I will compare it to the chavet when it gets here and sure the video with you all.  What else do I need for the rainbow extreme to talk to madrix....

• 1 year later...

You can build these for less than you can purchase them. If you are looking for intelligent RGB, Check out DIYLIGHTANIMATION.COM . To build these one needs some wood, some caulking and a piece of plexiglass or glass. Should cost less than 50.00 for the materials... and then the lights. They can be purchased online if you want the dumb rgb for about 22.00 on Ebay. I use the SMD 5050 IP68 to build wash lights as they change color and I don't need independent pixel control.

Kip

Ray Wu's store also has DMX controllable flood lights for about 24 each (10 W) or 49 each for the 30 w.

• 3 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked