Light-O-Rama Forums

12v RGB 100 Node Dumb Pixel String IP68

bretk

I wanted to report to the group about a sample pixel string I got from Ray the other day. Take it for what you will. I have no financial stake in these, just another possible item for us to play with. I am planning to use these on 2 pvc 7' spiral trees to flank my new mega tree.

th_rgbnodes12v.jpg

Just click on pic to go to video.

Here is the link to the sample strand he sent:

btw, he sent these DHL express, I ordered 12/29, he had them custom made, shipped 1/3, and were at my house 1/5 !

Dear Bret,

this is Ray, the below link is for the IP68 rgb node for your reference, please check,thanks.
http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/701799/209889132-521663006/invoice-to-Mr-Bret-from-Ray-12-29.html

thanks and best regards
Ray

Mobile:+86-13424237696
Email: alpha_bill@yahoo.cn MSN:sunlei9999@hotmail.com; Skype: alpha_lighting
Alibaba trademanager ID:cn109496369
Company Name:Shenzhen Rita Lighting Limited
Address:guanlan town, baoan district, shenzhen city, Guangdong province, China
Website: http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/701799 http://rita.en.alibaba.com/
Offering comprehensive LED lighting solution for you

Brett,

Doing a quick check of Ray's site vs. the invoice posted of your order, is it safe to assume that the extra length leader and custom waterproofing of the nodes added an additional $12 to your order???

What are you kind of controller board are you using to drive these strings? I'd also like to play with some RGB for next year but am more worried about how to control and sequence the RGB pixels than the actual HW.

Darrell wrote:

What are you kind of controller board are you using to drive these strings? I'd also like to play with some RGB for next year but am more worried about how to control and sequence the RGB pixels than the actual HW.

Darrell,

Here is the pathway

LOR S3 on Windows PC

usb adaptor enttec or enttec pro are what i have

to 6 dollar dmx decoder

pretty simple to sequence in lor, each string is just one rgb channel, there are lots of good vids on sequencing and setup just search the forum

I have been using these but the 5 volt version for some time. Last year I made RGB swags for my house and a couple other things. With the non-IC version of these lights, you CAN control them with a LOR DC board.

FYI - they ARE BRIGHT! -> See my 2011 videos on my site for an example how nice they look. The snowflakes I have on my house are also Ray lights.

You are going to like them - but you will need more!

KenL_MCSE wrote:

Last year I made RGB swags for my house and a couple other things. With the non-IC version of these lights,
FYI - they ARE BRIGHT! -> See my 2011 videos on my site for an example how nice they look.
You are going to like them - but you will need more!

Kent,

I aasume that the nodes in your swags are at full intensity??

Did you vary the intensity during any of your shows?? If so, do you have any video??

I am new to this type of lighting. If I have a CMB16D what else do I need to make the string work? If I order a string do I need to do anything to get it water proof? Can anyone order from Ray Wu

Bob Eastman wrote:

I am new to this type of lighting. If I have a CMB16D what else do I need to make the string work? If I order a string do I need to do anything to get it water proof? Can anyone order from Ray Wu

1. you need a 12v power supply for your cmb16d board i would recc a 350 watt/12v supply from Ray.

2. He is making these waterproof, so you do not need to do anything else to them.

3. Yes anyone can order from him.

Remember to use this string or any rgb device with the cmb, it requires 3 of the 16 channels, one for red, one for green, and one for blue. so max is 5 rgb devices per board. This is why i use dmx, as the per unit cost is much less. ie 5 devices in dmx is only $30 for controls vs a cmb16d. check out david moore site and get one of his experimenters packs.

• 1 month later...

bretk wrote:

11.5 feet lighted length, I cut them to that length to fit on my spiral tree

What was the length at time of purchase, the invoice say's $67.00 per piece, 100 pieces per string. I am assuming that $67.00 for a string of 100 LED's but what is the length of the 100, is it 11.5 that you cut it to or is your 11.5 feet not 100 bulbs.

I am so confused!!:?:?:?

So how is the 27 channel board connected to your PC?
Can you run more than one board with LOR, or are you limited to just one?