Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KenL_MCSE

Good Bye Christmas 2011

That is just awesome. This past Halloween, I had people stopping to take pictures here but it was just blowups, graveyard things and so on. Turned out nice. Not sure how to apply the controllers to it but I'll see what I can dream up. I will plan on coming to see your display this next year.

This too was the best year by far. Great weather, no glitches, only one string of LED's
blew a fuse, and lots of people come by since Thanksgiving.

Next year add RGB's and maybe DMX so should be better.:?

+1 to what George said, do what makes you happy.

Thanks to all for support and replies here in the forums!

Welcome to all the newbie's and remember....... HAVE FUN!:)

Happy New Year to all!!!

Ed

OK.. I guess I will "Pile on" here since I have coffee left in my cup. ;-}

This was my first year with automation and with LOR.
I used ELLs to control it all. Had Zero issues the wireless.

I had a combination of LEDs and Mini incans. I built several props and used up 137 of 144 available channels. Did seven sequences with 137 channels used on most of them.

Problems encountered:

• I had to replace 3 strings of LEDs. 2 of which when I plugged them in afterwards to fix, worked fine. (still don't know why they went dark)
  • One mini incan bulb go out causing 1/2 a string to go dark.
  • 2 of 40 strobes that I used went bad. Wowlights stepped up and is replacing them since they were new.
  • One 40 watt bulb went bad in a blowup Santa. Thought is was an incan but turns out I put a CFL in there two years ago and forgot. Trying to dim it for a month killed it. Doh!
  • Fuses in one plug came lose from handling and knocked out all strings past that point. (easy fix once I figured it out)
  • Some people didn't see my "tune to" radio sign. I fixed that problem by making two, raising them up and lighting them better.

Things that went right:

• First year with LOR and I had a few sequence wish list items that would have made sequencing easier, but for the most part, the software was easy to use.
  • Kids that danced in front of the car while the radio played the music.
  • LOR controllers (9) and wireless work perfectly.
  • Lots of people! More then I expected!
  • Lots of smiles and thanks you comments!
  • All props worked great and held up to any wind and cold. No rain this year in Dec to speak of.
  • Met a lot of nice people and saw others displays.
  • Neighbors were very tolerant and encouraging.. at least to my face! ha ha
  • Did I mention:Kids that danced in front of the car while the radio played the music.

Time to start on next years show.. got to figure out how and what to add before I start new sequences.

This was my second year with light o rama had a few minor issues with lights and figures blowing over but nothing major. A lot of compliments I think i averaged about 15 visitors a night with the most at one time on christmas eve looked out the window and seen 7 cars all parked across the street 1 would leave someone else would pull up. Time to start thinking about next year along with a halloween show for the first time. Happy New Year to all

We had a very good year here. Gave out about a thousand candy canes, had a blast playing "Santa" and getting to watch all the kids, young and old get a good smile. We raised over $1100.00 for the local animal shelter and the reaction they had made me and the misses feel VERY good. Planning on 2012 already!

Tom Straub