Light-O-Rama Forums
EARLE W. TALLEY

My Sprial Tree Videos

Earle,

I was very impressed with all of your song selections, crisp detail in synchronizing and design layout. I realize its only 1 day before October but with all of the yearly activities (coaching my son sports teams, playing my own sport leagues, work, yard chores, ...) I have not even begun my Halloween display preps. I was thinking of adding a layer of spiral lights to my 20' Mega Tree since I was unsure what I could do quickly as an addition and believe you have convinced me. Thanks for all of your deligent work for us to enjoy!

Just wanted to add my thanks to Earle, he is one of the great guys in this hobby that provides inspiration and an example to others.

Thanks,

Mike

Great job love it if anybody like to help a newbie with some sequences email to me at ches.nfld@yahoo.ca thank you if you come help

Nothing like jumping in there :D

Welcome aboard.

First, some info...

What's your name?

How many channels?

What are you using?

What are you looking for?

What do you have?

And ... Come help? Will you pay for mileage??? :P

Maybe an intro??? :rolleyes: (but on a new thread/topic) Just a thought.

Again, welcome aboard.

Tom

Edited by Santas Helper

Wow...just wow. That is amazing execution! I must keep telling myself..."patience young grasshopper patience." I have much to learn!

I want to thank everyone for their comments and also for the "Thank You's" from the all of the ones that I sent sequences to. I am expecting to see alot of great spiral trees this year, so please post a video when you can.

Earle

Wow...just wow. That is amazing execution! I must keep telling myself..."patience young grasshopper patience." I have much to learn!

Don't forget, you have to learn to walk on rice paper without leaving a print. ;)

sorry id problably eat the rice paper before i walked on it LOL

Remember to add water first. That stuff is dry. :lol:

Earle, that was just wonderful!!!!! :rolleyes: Any chance I could get a sample also?

in2cad@yahoo.com Looking forward to seeing your 2012 display video. Again, kudos for your work on your display.

Earle, your trees are fantastic! I'm trying to do my first spiral tree this year also. (10ft) Just finished making and welding my stand and getting all the parts and lights. Now it's time to add the tree sequencing to my sequences. Any chance I could get a sample sequence to get me started? And how do you visually test your sequence? Did you draw a spiral tree in LOR animation viewer? Email is jperkic@tx.rr.com

jptaz,

I use the Visualizer to test my sequences, there are spiral tree props already there for people to use, some 16, 32 & 64 channels.

I will send you some sequences.

Earle

absoloutly amazing im currently building 2-8' multi spirals and a 12'

any chance or getting a sequence or 2 to get me started

thanks

Truly unbelievable! It is a beautiful display. Thanks for sharing all of your hard work!

Hi Earle, best show I have seen! I am brand new to this and aspire to be half as good as your displays are within the next couple years. Can you please send me sequence? This is my first year and I only bought the 16 channel controller and they are all spoken for. I definately want to work on a spiral tree for next year. This will give me something to do over the summer months. Any additional tips and trips for this newbie is greatly appreciate. Btw, my name is Chris. I live in Daytona Beach, FL. I havn't seen any LOR in my area. I hope to do a great job at it this year so my neighbors will all enjoy.

Thank you!!!!

not all "muddled" up by every element blinking out of control...

like my house! LOL

Edited by mjbadb

This year I replaced my mega tree with a CCR tree that I was really happy with but since it sits on one side it seems to always draw your eye to it and the rest of the lights seem to get somewhat lost. I had been trying to figure out something to put on the other side to even things out and after seeing your spiral trees I think they will do the trick. Was wondering how many cables you used to give your trees such a nice shape. I take it you zip tie the strings to the cables when you are wrapping them? If its not to late I would love to get some of your spiral sequences. If possible I would like to get the Amazing Grace, Sandstorm, Nutcracker and maybe any TSO ones you might have. By the way who is the artist in the Nutcracker that you are using. Not sure if I have that one or not but sure I can find it if I know the artist. If you can send them to overeazy@comcast.net. Your lights and sequences really look great and I know how long it takes to do a good job programming a song so really appreciate your sharing.

Hi Earle

Excellent work, crisp, clean and very well done.  I'm just starting with a spiral tree, I have 16 channel, 8 white and 8 red.

Would it be possible to get an example of the programming for the spiral tree.  I've tried different lengths of fade out in the chase and not completely satisfied

Would like to see someone else's programming to compare with mine to see what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for your time and Merry Christmas!