Light-O-Rama Forums

My Sprial Tree Videos

EARLE W. TALLEY

Hi Earle, best show I have seen! I am brand new to this and aspire to be half as good as your displays are within the next couple years. Can you please send me sequence? This is my first year and I only bought the 16 channel controller and they are all spoken for. I definately want to work on a spiral tree for next year. This will give me something to do over the summer months. Any additional tips and trips for this newbie is greatly appreciate. Btw, my name is Chris. I live in Daytona Beach, FL. I havn't seen any LOR in my area. I hope to do a great job at it this year so my neighbors will all enjoy.

Thank you!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

not all "muddled" up by every element blinking out of control...

like my house! LOL

Edited by mjbadb

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This year I replaced my mega tree with a CCR tree that I was really happy with but since it sits on one side it seems to always draw your eye to it and the rest of the lights seem to get somewhat lost. I had been trying to figure out something to put on the other side to even things out and after seeing your spiral trees I think they will do the trick. Was wondering how many cables you used to give your trees such a nice shape. I take it you zip tie the strings to the cables when you are wrapping them? If its not to late I would love to get some of your spiral sequences. If possible I would like to get the Amazing Grace, Sandstorm, Nutcracker and maybe any TSO ones you might have. By the way who is the artist in the Nutcracker that you are using. Not sure if I have that one or not but sure I can find it if I know the artist. If you can send them to overeazy@comcast.net. Your lights and sequences really look great and I know how long it takes to do a good job programming a song so really appreciate your sharing.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi Earle

Excellent work, crisp, clean and very well done.  I'm just starting with a spiral tree, I have 16 channel, 8 white and 8 red.

Would it be possible to get an example of the programming for the spiral tree.  I've tried different lengths of fade out in the chase and not completely satisfied

Would like to see someone else's programming to compare with mine to see what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for your time and Merry Christmas!

Send me your email address via PM, so I can send sequences.

Earle, how many channels are/were you using on your 8ft trees?  I only have 16 channels right now, but planning for 2014. 

I'd like a copy of your sequences as well, that is if you don't mind.  Namecips@gmail.com

Earle, how many channels are/were you using on your 8ft trees?  I only have 16 channels right now, but planning for 2014. 

I'd like a copy of your sequences as well, that is if you don't mind.  Namecips@gmail.com

Same question for your 13 ft tree

8' trees use 16 channels of lights and 3 for the star, the 13' tree uses 32 channels of lights and 3 for the star. The large tree for this year uses 64 channels of lights and 3 for the star.

• Like 2

8' trees use 16 channels of lights and 3 for the star, the 13' tree uses 32 channels of lights and 3 for the star. The large tree for this year uses 64 channels of lights and 3 for the star.

Thanks Earle

Got your email.  Will check them out when I get home. 

• 2 weeks later...

jptaz,

I use the Visualizer to test my sequences, there are spiral tree props already there for people to use, some 16, 32 & 64 channels.

I will send you some sequences.

Earle

pls can you send me a 16 channel sequence at ranjanpa@hotmail.com

Also how can I draw this in the visualizer

Earle,

I am building two 8' spirals for next year. How long should my light strings be? I have purchased a bunch of 100ct multi color strings that I plan to use. they are 23ft long. I plan to double them over so it will actually look like there are 32 strands of lights but only 16 channels. That would make my strings about 11.5' long. Is that long enough? Thinking of making the base 4' round. I could use a sequence to test it with and also learn to do the effects if you don't mind sharing.

After this I hope to start on a mega tree with CCRs for 2015.

Thanks in advance

Mike

packen@rallstech.com