Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone else having more problems with G3 controllers

Denise Brunner

I have 20 controllers, 11 are 2+ years old and the only problem I have had have been self caused (cat 5 connectors pulled out). Out of the 9 new Controllers I have purchased this year 2 have caused me problems on the electronic end. One has a bad triac and the other one I just noticed is not operating at all. I can not get into the controller tonight to try a reset, but it just seems weird that I have had rock solid performance with the earlier versions, but am starting to question the G3. Any one else having problems????

I have 2 of the old 1602's and 4 of the new CTB16's all running the same led lights, the 1602's have been near perfect, but the new CTB16's have been a real problem, so far I have lost about 15 triac's I was lucky that I had a few spare channels.
so far I am not impressed with the CTB16 G3's.
However, it is nice to know that LOR stand behind their product and will deal with these problems, this gives me the confidence in LOR to buy more stuff this year :cool:

I love LOR and would not even think about using anything else. LOR is one of the few companys that stand 100% their product!!! Just wanted to see if it was something with my wiring and/or setup.

Opened enclosure up and found no light on the board. Right away I though ok, no power. Took my voltage meter and tried to check voltage both before and after the fuse and all of a sudden the board came to life. The red LED came on solid and it started working !!! I shook the board, moved wires around and it just kept working. I have NO clue what was wrong. Will see what tonight brings.

I'm glad it started working, Denise. It drives me nuts, however, when you don't know why it didn't work or why it now works.

I hope it stays working.