Light-O-Rama Forums

E1.31

ben

We are making progress with it and have set the ground work for it when we added native DMX support. As Ben monro has said it will be available in the first 1/2 of this year.

Dan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GaryMartin

• ben

• WilliamS

• SteveMaris

That is really good to hear. I look forward to it. I love LOR and really don't want to learn/pay for a new software.
Please keep us up to date, and THANK YOU.
Steve

LightORamaDan wrote:

We are making progress with it and have set the ground work for it when we added native DMX support. As Ben monro has said it will be available in the first 1/2 of this year.

Dan

This is excellent to hear Dan. Guess I can go ahead and buy what I was planning on buying more of my E1.31 Gear. Thanks!!!

Do we know if it will be just E1.31 or Artnet or both. To be honest Artnet would be a beter choice. It is a standardd in the intertainment world and there are way more devices that work on Artnet rather than E1.31.

Steve

LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

Excellent news!

It will save me the hassle of having to use the xLights show player....

Ugh now I have to hold off a little longer to start buying stuff. Let me spend My money already! This is great news cant wait to see which direction it goes. If you wanted to say we are only using 1.31 or Artnet that would not hurt my feeling any, only my wallet.

This is really great news!

Besides pixels, there's a lot of really good reasons to support E1.31.

For example, lets say you want to run 4 or 8 DMX universes. Currently that means that many USB based dongles hanging off of your show computer.

With E.131 there are a bunch of options for a single bridge unit that connects to one Ethernet port on the show computer and then has 4 (or 8) DMX out ports on it.

I am already planning additions to our display for 2012 that will need multiple universes coming out of the LOR box via E1.31

Can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

i think we are all counting down the days till this happens later in the year it is a great step foward i think. So happy to be a LOR user and Member here with all the new updates coming in the software this year

GaryMartin wrote:

For example, lets say you want to run 4 or 8 DMX universes. Currently that means that many USB based dongles hanging off of your show computer.

Gary,
I too can't wait for E1.31 as it will help tremendously. That said I was able to use 2 CAT5 USB extenders this year to remote 12 dongles (Enttec Pro's) out to the yard, rather than hanging them at the show PC. Worked very well.
All future expansion will be with E1.31 though as much as possible.

dave

It also means http://www.j1sys.com/ecg-pixad8/ will be a great fit to add pixel strings. The above device has a pixel driver built right in for support of 6803 and 2801.

Same for Sandevices - http://www.sandevices.com/E681info.html

Using the above hardware with E1.31 support, I'll be able to eliminate my Enttec dongle and pixel controllers.

gizmomkr wrote:

It also means http://www.j1sys.com/ecg-pixad8/ will be a great fit to add pixel strings. The above device has a pixel driver built right in for support of 6803 and 2801.

Same for Sandevices - http://www.sandevices.com/E681info.html

Using the above hardware with E1.31 support, I'll be able to eliminate my Enttec dongle and pixel controllers.

Preach It! I have been eyeing these for a short time and its seems quite a few people keep sending me the same links. That Pixel contorller will change the game for many of us.

I have 2 of the e681's. Just waiting on lor to support it natively. They work great with the GE color effects and LSP. incredible pixel controller.

really looking forward to E1.31 now I am working in DMX mode with 253 Channels which will expand rapidly over the next couple of years with the introduction of pixels to my display

geronc wrote:

I have 2 of the e681's. Just waiting on lor to support it natively. They work great with the GE color effects and LSP. incredible pixel controller.

Heh, I have four of the E680s and four of the E681s. I used three E680s on the megatree last season and am waiting for native support from LOR to use the rest.

One HUGE question I have though, is how well will LOR S3 run with 8,000 channels configured? I used to think I was pushing it with 650 channels but the sequences are going to get *huge* very shortly.

Dan,

I would like to be E1.31 beta tester. We are a LOR partner I also have may sANC devices including current production hardware from ETC including nodes, dimmers, procressors, and light console. I would be really cool to integrate LOR to do light syncing on the same sACN network with a ETC ION console for production!! I am ready to sell this!! Also think about triggering a LOR sequence from a DMX input similar to the way the Madrix works. This would very much simplifiy integration of pro shows

KEN

President TPC Technologies Inc. and ETC Field service tech.

GaryMartin wrote

One HUGE question I have though, is how well will LOR S3 run with 8,000 channels configured? I used to think I was pushing it with 650 channels but the sequences are going to get *huge* very shortly.

Gary,
I ran about 6,000 channels this year (5500 of them RGB pixels via DMX) with no issues. Sequences did start to get big and a pain to deal with, but show performance was fine. Sequencing was more sluggish than you would prefer though.
dave