• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GaryMartin

• ben

• WilliamS

• SteveMaris

E1.31 is on LOR's list of things to add to the software.

When will it arrive? Well, "soon" is a relative term, but I'd say we could expect to hear something about it in the first half of 2012.

What is e1.31

Don - gonna have to buy you lunch one day, you live right around the corner from me, same goes for Whetstone lights

E1.31 or Streaming ACN (SACN) allows for DMX over ethernet. This allows for the communication to multiple DMX Universes over one Cat5e cable.

I have been playing around with LightShowPro and you are able to choose protocols such as E1.31. The more I play around with it, the more I like it. I have purchased GE G-35 light strands and the E681 Pixel Controller (from Sandevices), which uses the E1.31 protocol, So I might have to change software if the addition of this protocol doesn't come soon. :)

Rick Childers wrote:

What is e1.31

Don - gonna have to buy you lunch one day, you live right around the corner from me, same goes for Whetstone lights

Take a look at this presentation which is an introduction to the E1.31 protocol and how it connects up

Its slightly outdated and will see a revamp in the new year but most of the info is still current

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25894067/Introduction%20to%20E1.31%20presenation%20V1.1.ppsx

William already directed me to the Aus RBG forum as well. I know less about DMX now than when I started. I will get a feel for it just as it changes.

lipher wrote:

add me to the list also. Got a whole bunch of g35s waiting

I 2nd the whole bunch of g35s waiting. I am up to 27 strands. Got too good of a deal to pass them up. Just ordered the e681 in hopes of them supporting it this year. Guess time will tell. Let the fun begin, oh wait, it already is.