• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GaryMartin

• ben

• WilliamS

• SteveMaris

Denny wrote:

There is an excellent pdf to explain the capabilities of E1.31 on the aussie site. Go to http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,1211.0.html and click on "rgb layout rev 1.4.pdf" A very good graphical explanation of dmx and E1.31

Also to add to that, there is also a introduction to E1.31 presentation that can help with understanding what E1.31 is all about

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,1140.0.html

• 1 month later...

GoofyGuy wrote:

3.2.0 just came out, no 1.31 in the write up?

If you want E1.31 right now for your LOR sequences your can download a program called XLights.

It will work and convert the "Regular network" to Universe 1 output
Aux 'A' to Universe 2 output
Aux 'B' to Universe 3 output
Aux 'C' to Universe 4 output

You setup the channels for each universe from 1-512 max. in S3

LOR controllers will be assigned ID numbers for a 16 channel group per the DMX chart provided by LOR.

DMX devices you just assign the channel number you want on each device and know how many channels each device uses.

Xlights does the rest if you want to use and combination of (Regular or Pro) USB DMX Dongles, E1.31, LOR network, D-light, or Pixelnet.

To use E1.31 you need to know how it works to set it up right for your internet network.

GoofyGuy wrote:

Donny M. Carter wrote:
Also the ELOR will be out soon! It will convert LOR to E1.31

http://www.sandevices.com/ELORinfo.html

This looks like the route Im taking so far Donny. 

Good insurance policy if support is not ready. I will be getting one either way myself.

It will be a good decision IMO! You can have your cake and eat it too! Being able to use LOR controllers and run pixels will be cool.

Donny M. Carter wrote:

It will be a good decision IMO! You can have your cake and eat it too! Being able to use LOR controllers and run pixels will be cool.

MMMM cake, dont know how or why cake is involved but already makes it better.

The adapter has 4 1.31 universes and a DMX 512 universe, cant lose. All of my worries are taken care of with 1 cable.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dan

Any news on how E1.31 is coming along in S3? It's been a couple months since you nave chimed in on the topic. :P

Ben monro wrote:

well i am going to wait till Dan brings out 1.31 in S3 as he said he would so i will give him a chance. great to see options out there but i would rather just use 1 peice of software to do the job.

I have been thinking the same thing Ben.

So if it is November and the E1.31 support is not ready, what will you do? Will you scrap the pixels you have planned and wait until next year?

Smart money is get the ELOR, its as cheap as some of the bad ideas we had the previous years. If Dan doesnt get it running then so be it. Im running LOR regardless, the customer support is too good to pass up. As for my ideas on how to decorate will not be altered becuase of timing on thier part. As soon as Sean at SandDevices will let me I will have it on the way. I will be harassing Jeff from there to get the ins and outs if hes willing to share.

GoofyGuy wrote:

Smart money is get the ELOR, its as cheap as some of the bad ideas we had the previous years.  If Dan doesnt get it running then so be it.   Im running LOR regardless, the customer support is too good to pass up.  As for my ideas on how to decorate will not be altered becuase of timing on thier part.  As soon as Sean at SandDevices will let me I will have it on the way.  I will be harassing Jeff from there to get the ins and outs if hes willing to share.

I'm with you. I just don't understand how someone says they will wait, unless they don't have a plan for pixels.

The only thing that worries me about the ELOR is the amount of data that a user is going to be trying to push through it (4 DMX Universes) over one LOR network! Last year I ran 10 CCR's and had to split them up across three separate LOR networks to keep them from lagging behind. Pixels take a lot of data. Maybe I am speaking out of turn, but from my experience last year, I would be afraid of planning on running tons of pixels over a LOR network. that's why I personally am so insistent on e1.31. The speed of an Ethernet network is far superior.

Just a thought.

SteveMaris wrote:

GoofyGuy wrote:
Smart money is get the ELOR, its as cheap as some of the bad ideas we had the previous years.  If Dan doesnt get it running then so be it.   Im running LOR regardless, the customer support is too good to pass up.  As for my ideas on how to decorate will not be altered becuase of timing on thier part.  As soon as Sean at SandDevices will let me I will have it on the way.  I will be harassing Jeff from there to get the ins and outs if hes willing to share.

I'm with you. I just don't understand how someone says they will wait, unless they don't have a plan for pixels.