Light-O-Rama Forums

[Faded] Blue Christmas

roknjohn

roknjohn wrote:

OK, after I optimistically ignored all of the warnings from veteran LORers and hardheadedly installed about 100 strings of 100ct mini blue incans from WalMart ("Holiday Time" brand) in my display this year, I now understand the fading problem first hand.

Does anyone know if the Lowe's brand ("Holiday Living") also fades as quickly?

I have used lowes and I am impressed with them sitting in the wet ground for months on end I normally get 2 to 3 years out of them walmart brand I am lucky If I get 1

however I am switching to led for everything especially blue and red since red turns pink and blue turns white

roknjohn wrote:

OK, after I optimistically ignored all of the warnings from veteran LORers and hardheadedly installed about 100 strings of 100ct mini blue incans from WalMart ("Holiday Time" brand) in my display this year, I now understand the fading problem first hand.

Does anyone know if the Lowe's brand ("Holiday Living") also fades as quickly?

I had these last year. They didn't make it a month. Then the white light started coming through.

• 5 months later...

Well it looks like upgrading to LEDs is not going to be in the budget this year. Luckily, I have many new sets of blue incans still in the box. I'm going to experiment with some kinda of protector like a spray on clear coat or spray on masking of some sort. Or maybe some sort of dipping technique that I can apply to the new sets to make the last longer. Any ideas?