Light-O-Rama Forums

Music/Sequence...starting in the middle of a sequence where you left off?

jeffk13057

Hello everyone, Happy Holidays.

I apologize if this has been asked before, but not finding it anywhere, and I know there is a multitude of people out there wiser than I.

Is there a way to start a sequence, including the music, where you stopped it to edit a sequence without starting over at the beginning? In other words....If I am editing a sequence, and I stop at say one minute into the song, and push play again, it always goes back to the beginning. Is there a way to just pick up where you left off without going all the way back to the beginning again?

Thanks very much,

Jeff K

Syracuse, NY

There are 2 ways that I use.
1. Use the space bar to start and stop the music. It will start from whatever cell you are working on.
2.Under the play tab there is a play range you can click on visable screen, it will only play what is on your screen.
Also you want to be sure your song is a constant rate because windows media player will use a variable rate and your timings can be off.

• 6 months later...

I have also tried stopping the sequence using the space bar without luck. Running version 3.1.4 on Windows 7.

Suggestions?

Move your cursor over the grid, one click, then try the space bar. That's what works for me when the space bar doesn't stop the music.

Ron's advice does work. The music will start from the cell column that was 'clicked' in and will stop when the space bar is pressed again.

(funny how we all remember this stiff starting about July of each year)

Regards,

Thanks Ron & SoCalJimH! Your trick worked! It's very helpful to be able to stop & start without going all the way back to the beginning.

The one reason the music wont stop when you "space bar" is that the "foucus" (active item), is not the sequence grid. When you start the player, be sure to click somewhere on/close to the grid so the grid is "active", once thats selected, space bar to start/stop will work, and from where it stopped/started again.