Light-O-Rama Forums

Earlier this year...

scubado

scubado wrote:

There was discussion on using dryer vent tubing over arches, I was wondering if anyone actually used the idea.
i got some but ran out of time

I didnt get it built but I set it up in my hallway and I was very impressed with how the color looks. difused nicely, I plan to make a CCR circle for next year

Deck wrote:

I used dryer tube for my CCR arches.  I think it looks better....here is a video someone took, the arches are on the left.   

They do look nice, makes it look bulkier. Hows the material holding up in the cold? Or is it not that cold yet by you?

Okay, looking on HomeDepot website and all I see is the aluminum dryer vent tubing which could not be seen thru. Am I missing something. Any direction to the sku or item name would be appreciated.

Deck wrote:

This is what I used, it is the white dryer vent hose. I highly recomend it.

2160O5tXANL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

UL 2158Awhich came out in 2006 says all dryer venting material must be rated for 430 degrees Fahrenheit.

Look for flexible vent material instead of dryer vent.

I was going to cover my four arches with dryer venting but I couldn't fit the venting over the lights. As you can see from the photo I'm just using LED minis tightly wrapped around a 3/4 inch PVC. All the lights kept catching and poking through the plastic venting material.:D

Attached files 295456=16318-Showalter Arches 2011.jpg