Light-O-Rama Forums

Trojan Horse???

Rickbj

Been running LOR for a couple of years (Ver 2.9.4). Tonight as I was getting back to finishing a sequence after a week away from working on this sequence, my AVG anti-virus tells me that file c:WINDOWSsystem32vbalDTab6.ocx is infected with a trojan horse Generic26AIZU.

Only options are to place the file in a vault with no access, leave the file where it is but AVG will not let me access the file, or delete the file.

I do have a copy of the LOR 2.9.4 install exe on my system as well as the license info when I bought the LOR software.

If I do need to re-install the software, are there any special steps (like removing the LOR software first)?

Is the file vbalDTab6.ocx an LOR file or is it a generic windows file?

Where do I start? The good news is that my light show is running on my dedicated computer and the problem I am having is on the computer that I do my development work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

I see others have had this problem also, I went to the AVG virus vault, restored the file, added the file to the exceptions list and LOR is now running. I did not need to reinstall LOR software.

Rick

As a follow up, I can run my shows but am unable to access the sequence editor, tells me the file is missing then I get the file in corrupted from AVG eventhough that file is under exceptions. Thankfully I dont need the sequencer right now. I think when I get my own computer I am NOT going to use AVG. As for me not being able to use the sequence editor, I am upgrading to S3 after this year is over.

I had the same thing happen tonight. The show worked fine but then I went to do some videos and boom it was corrupt. It is AVG anti virus software. I had to uninstall AVG, then I installed Microsoft Essentials, the downloaded LOR click on the repair and then everthing worked alright again.

Carl S wrote:

I had the same thing happen tonight. The show worked fine but then I went to do some videos and boom it was corrupt. It is AVG anti virus software. I had to uninstall AVG, then I installed Microsoft Essentials, the downloaded LOR click on the repair and then everthing worked alright again.

DITTO! Get rid of AVG!