Light-O-Rama Forums

Which Spiral Tree Looks Better

magish01

Want to build a spiral tree for 2012. Would love input from those of you that have the trees. Which version looks better....2 times around or 1 1/2 times around. Will be using 16 channels, 2 strings per channel.

Input would be greatly appreciated

I used 105 count strings, folded in half. Went around twice and used 9 channels. But it was a last minute addition, just to see if I could do it and how it looked. I had a couple of feet extra at the end. I'm going to make the next one a foot taller and see how it looks.

I have a whole year to work on it and perfect it. I'm planning on 8 channels and 2 colors per tree. 2 8ft trees.

David Rise wrote:

I used 105 count strings, folded in half. Went around twice and used 9 channels. But it was a last minute addition, just to see if I could do it and how it looked. I had a couple of feet extra at the end. I'm going to make the next one a foot taller and see how it looks.

I have a whole year to work on it and perfect it. I'm planning on 8 channels and 2 colors per tree. 2 8ft trees.

Awesome for a first job! I cant build one at all, only thing Im not fond of where I live.

I did a 1 3/4 times around using 150ct minis on a 20' tall Mega Tree. I have 2 strands per channel on 16ch. Here is a short video of the spiral.

Hope this helps,

Jeremy B.