Light-O-Rama Forums

6803 vs. 2801

beeiilll

Thanks, that is what I figured but wanted to get another opinion. Noticed this in Davids videos but thought it wouldn't be as noticeable in chases. I will most likely go with the 2801 strips. Now if I can get the wife to increase my budget for next year by a few hundred I will be good;)

I don't have any CCRs, but am curious. Is there something unique about the 6803 strips that come with the CCR? If not, seems it would be cheaper just to buy the CCR controller for $79 from LOR and get the 6803 strips somewhere else. Has anyone tried using a non-CCR 6803 strip with a LOR controller? Just wondering how it works.

If I remember correctly, I read somewhere the LOR controller sends out different intensities to the strip so it makes the fades alot smother. basically making the steps from intensity level to level a smaller increment. Or at least tricking your eyes to make it seem that way

I didn't know you can purchase the CCR controller seperate from the ribbon.

Jeff,

I talked to ray last night and he has those 2801 flat backed pixels for 12volts in the works! I was looking at getting them 128 to a strand with a 1 meter lead in cable, and done rgb not grb. Fyi:cool:

bretk wrote:

Jeff,

I talked to ray last night and he has those 2801 flat backed pixels for 12volts in the works! I was looking at getting them 128 to a strand with a 1 meter lead in cable, and done rgb not grb. Fyi:cool:

I forgot, it's the 12 bit 3001 he is going to use. The chip Jim from sandevices recommends. Says cost is not much different, but you can do gamma correction in your fades.

Btw nice heart too!

bretk wrote:

bretk wrote:
Jeff,

I forgot, it's the 12 bit 3001 he is going to use. The chip Jim from sandevices recommends. Says cost is not much different, but you can do gamma correction in your fades.

Btw nice heart too!

I am interested in seeing how the 3001's look and work after you get them (if you indeed do of course).
I have been reading up a little bit on them and looks like they may just top the 6803 or the 2801 pixels before things are over.
Of course it is just a matter of time before there will be another pixel out with improvements over all these!
Exciting to see this new stuff, but certainly hard to keep up with.
I just got my shipment of "dumb" RGB strips to play with and am excited at how those are going to look and work on the windows of the house. I can only imagine how the newer 3001, 6803, or the 2801's would look on say a mega tree!
Now if I can just win the lottery!!

• The topic was locked