Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR output from SS all garbled?

Jeff Kesler

Ok, I'm stumped. After programming most of a sequence in SS with a 10 ribbon tree, 1 ribbon arch and multiple static lights I can't get the tree to playback anything that resembles the way it looks in visualizer. All 10 ribbons basically look like they are doing whatever the hell they want with multiple colors all mixed up and really no sequencing. I have a non-SS sequence running now that I put a few macro commands in for the 10 ribbons and that is working fine. I have verified that all CCR controllers have the correct ID and match the sequence assignments. I even tried just hooking up 1 controller/ribbon and it still doesn't work. It seems like I have the network setup correctly since everything in the sequence running now (not using SS to create)is working correctly. Looking at the SS export in the sequence editor the CCR channels all look like I would expect. I'm stumped and a little frustrated.
Any ideas appreciated.

When a CCR sequence is "garbled" the most common cause is that the CCR controller is configured for Legacy mode or that "Strips" is not set to 1.
You have already checked and have confirmed they are not in Legacy mode. Check and also make sure "Strips" is set to 1. It is common to think this setting is for the total number of CCRs you are running, but it means the number of strips that are being used for that particular controller, so it needs to be set to 1.

You can check the other settings in the hardware utility “Cosmic Color Ribbon Configuration” screen, they sould be:
• Unit ID Mode – Normal (single ID)
• Channel Mode – Triples (RGB, RGB …)
• Standalone Speed – does not matter
• Resolution – 50 Pixels
• Strips – 1
• DMX Mode – Both Macro and RGB Channels

I was having what sounds like the same problem. The CCR's were I fixed it by simply "resetting" each of them. I believe you unplug the power, press the reset for 5 seconds and plug the power back in (check your manual for the correct method) it doesn't change the unit ID or anything else but whatever it does it fixed the problem. It was upside down because you need #12 on top and #1 on bottom when placed horizontally but you can see all the random lights going on.

http://youtu.be/B9Akxx_v/&hl=en&fs=1