Light-O-Rama Forums

Double sided rgb strips?

harrison0550

Looking at the two pictures, the first one is 30 led/meter, the second one is 60 led/meter.

I have purchased several of these and been very happy with them: http://www.ebay.com/itm/180784140733?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

They are 60led/meter versions and only $35 each for a California shipper.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• harrison0550

• beeiilll

• edvas69

• Steven

harrison0550 wrote:

scubado wrote:

For that price so am I. Correct me if I'm wrong but does that say free shipping as well? I may just order a strand of those right now just to test the quality. Have you by any chance ordered any from them in the past?

These are $2.50 cheaper, with free shipping! PLUS, this it the same size as the link above, but it has 300 leds on it, instead of 150.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LTF35-60-RGB-Flexible-Ribbon-5M-Strip-Lights-300LEDs-Outdoor-Waterproof-SMD-3528-/160676511713?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256910ffe1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180766428555?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
- Purchased one of these.. This is a best offer one so I got 1 for 23$ (free ship) and its from a US seller.. The seller said he would go lower if I ordered more. I know what I will be doing this weekend.. :P

l0chte wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180766428555?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
- Purchased one of these.. This is a best offer one so I got 1 for 23$ (free ship) and its from a US seller.. The seller said he would go lower if I ordered more. I know what I will be doing this weekend.. :P

Yea but the whole strip only has 150 leds. Where the one I posted had 300, leds.

I ordered both the 150 led strips and the 300 led strips. I personally prefer the 150 led strips. The 300's are Bright! This may be what you are looking for but I urge you to watch some YouTube videos of displays using them or even buy both strips first as a test and compare them to say your normal led strings or incans. The 300's seem like they will over power everything else in my display and being so bright that the colors will bleed over from one prop to another. They also seem to look more like the old "vacancy" hotel signs from a distance, you know the glass tubing lights (Grrrr why can't I think of what those are called). Meaning they look like a straight line. Again this may be what you want for some elements and for others not so much.

harrison0550 wrote:

I ordered both the 150 led strips and the 300 led strips. I personally prefer the 150 led strips. The 300's are Bright! This may be what you are looking for but I urge you to watch some YouTube videos of displays using them or even buy both strips first as a test and compare them to say your normal led strings or incans. The 300's seem like they will over power everything else in my display and being so bright that the colors will bleed over from one prop to another. They also seem to look more like the old "vacancy" hotel signs from a distance, you know the glass tubing lights (Grrrr why can't I think of what those are called). Meaning they look like a straight line. Again this may be what you want for some elements and for others not so much.

I did not know that! I'm starting to think I may not want it then. Does anyone have a video comparing them both? I'm planning on using them to outline my windows, and house frame. Its cheaper than using hundreds of bulbs.

What does IP67 "Waterproof Level" mean? I'm trying to figure out if the ribbons I'm looking at are in a sleeve, or cover in epoxy!

I haven't seen a video but I am sure there is one out there. I agree the 150 looks more like a led string and it will use less power.

I haven't seen a video but I am sure there is one out there. I agree the 150 looks more like a led string and it will use less power.

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

What does IP67 "Waterproof Level" mean? I'm trying to figure out if the ribbons I'm looking at are in a sleeve, or cover in epoxy!

Waterproofing scale.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code

Now with that being said it's not always accurate with some of these products coming out of China.

As for the sleeve goes, I've found that if the description doesn't plainly state its in a tube are sleeve then you can pretty much bet that it isn't. I think Jeff even ordered some 2801 pixel strips that said they were in the tube but when he got them they were not.

Again I recommend you order a couple test strips from more than one supplier and way all the pros and cons yourself. You may like 300 LEDs per strip or you may not but you won't know until you see it in person and lit up in your yard. If after you have had a couple strips in your hand and decide on what you want then contact whomever you ordered it from and tell them you want X amount exactly like what they just sent you.

bdeditch wrote:

jeffl wrote:

The strips from CDI are 60 LED's per meter. It is in the pre sale announcement thread...
Pauls also doesn't say how many LEDS per meter

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

harrison0550 wrote:
scubado wrote:

For that price so am I. Correct me if I'm wrong but does that say free shipping as well? I may just order a strand of those right now just to test the quality. Have you by any chance ordered any from them in the past?

These are $2.50 cheaper, with free shipping! PLUS, this it the same size as the link above, but it has 300 leds on it, instead of 150.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LTF35-60-RGB-Flexible-Ribbon-5M-Strip-Lights-300LEDs-Outdoor-Waterproof-SMD-3528-/160676511713?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256910ffe1

Just to make it clear, we're all talking about 5050 waterproof strips, not the dimmer 3528 strips listed above...:P

rstately wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:
harrison0550 wrote:
scubado wrote:

Hahaha I have no clue at this point. The original link from scubado is for 50/50 strips and that is what I've tested and posted pics about. Now I think there are probably 50 different links to different strips but anything I have to say will be about that strip.

Just to make it clear, we're all talking about 5050 waterproof strips, not the dimmer 3528 strips listed above...:P

Wow my post got screwy as well. Would have tried to fix it but.........

Hahaha I have no clue at this point. The original link from scubado is for 50/50 strips and that is what I've tested and posted pics about. Now I think there are probably 50 different links to different strips but anything I have to say will be about that strip.

Another thing to consider is the power draw. My 350 watt power supplies could only run 4-72 watt strips instead off 8-36 watt strips.:X

Attached files 303297=16646-LEDcomp.JPG

Nope! 50/50 is the size of the led. Now when we talk about pixel strips where you can control each led by itself they are identified by both the chip that controls them for example 2801 or 6803 chips and they also have the size of the led listed in the description like 50/50.

Have a look here for pictures and video.......
http://www.flexfireleds.com/pages/Comparison-between-3528-LEDs-and-5050-LEDs.html

harrison0550 wrote:

@Flogger, they are the ones coated in some kind of polymer, epoxy, silicon or whatever it is. They don't have the tube. Also the eBay listing is the one scubado posted earlier in this thread.

@Bill, yea she was asleep when I did that lol didn't want to freak her out if for some reason they weren't waterproof and I got some magic smoke I didn't want her to know about it. It's better sometimes to ask forgiveness than permission. Hahaha

Harrison, I have a few from that same sellerand listing. On the back it looks like there isn't much if any water proofing on the tabs and solder connections. Is that how yours look or are they better protected? I can post a picture of the backs if you want to see what I mean.