Light-O-Rama Forums

Scheduling a Static Animation

WhoDat

I know this is probably an easy one. . . but i can't seem to figure it out.

I have my regular show scheduled from 5pm - midnight, on the mp3 director and sd card.

I've created a simple static animation that turns on just a few of the lights when the regular show isn't running.

I can't seem to figure out how to schedule that show, as i'm used to using the hardware utility to create the shows and add to the sd card.

Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks!!!
Whodat.

WhoDat? wrote:

I know this is probably an easy one. . . but i can't seem to figure it out.

I have my regular show scheduled from 5pm - midnight, on the mp3 director and sd card.

I've created a simple static animation that turns on just a few of the lights when the regular show isn't running.

I can't seem to figure out how to schedule that show, as i'm used to using the hardware utility to create the shows and add to the sd card.

Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks!!!
Whodat.

I don't use an MP3 director, But I imagine it would be the same as setting up a show on a PC.

I have two 25 minute shows and each one runs either on the hour or the half hour. In between the shows I run what I call a fill show that is a 1 minute animation sequence that repeats for approximately 5 minutes.

I used the show editor to create Show One, Show Two and Fill Show. then I use the Schedule editor to schedule Show One to run from 5:30PM to approx 5:55PM then Fill Fill Show runs from 5:55PM to 6:00PM, then I schedule Show Two and so on.

I'm not sure if this is the most effecient way but it has worked for me since 2006.

hmmm. then i guess i need to figure out how to get them on the sd card. . so it's readable by the mp3 director.

I'll give that a shot. . .

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Ugh, i feel pretty dumb now. it was actually very simple. . . When you browse to the files in the LOR MP3 tab, you have to choose the dropdown and change to "animation sequences". Doah. . .