Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy custom timing from sequence to sequence

zman

Guys,

I am trying to leverage a timing grid from a sequence into a new sequence based on my template. I thought there was a way to be able to copy timing and do this.

So essentially I am trying to copy specific timing grids from one sequence to another. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

The only way I know of is to select the timing grid you want to copy then:

Right click select row.

Now click Edit>Copy timing

Now go the the sequence you want to paste the timing in and click Edit>paste timing.

Note: You may need to "add new freeform grid" to have a place to paste the timing into, so you don't mess up existing timing grids.

Note: Also looks like you can right click>copy timing and right click>paste timing. Plus I'm sure there are probably keyboard short cuts for this also.

Thanks Paul! My attempts before was trying to copy it on top of a .1 grid. What I was not doing, was ensuring that there was NO grid in the new sequence, THEN copy it over. It automatically creates the new freeform grid.

You learn something new every day.

zman wrote:

Thanks Paul! My attempts before was trying to copy it on top of a .1 grid. What I was not doing, was ensuring that there was NO grid in the new sequence, THEN copy it over. It automatically creates the new freeform grid.

You learn something new every day.

Your .1 grid must be a 'fixed grid' otherwise it would/should have pasted.