Light-O-Rama Forums

2012 MITS PreSale

JacobJDell

We have worked out the FedEx shipping system and are able to send a case (24 strands) for between $10-$14 depending on what area of the country you are in. You are able to see the shipping quote on the webiste directly from FedEx. As a note if you are able to use a commercial address for delivery the shipping is usually $2-$4 cheaper per case.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JacobJDell

• Crazydave

• imawlkr2

• friskybri

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I ordered from three different companies last year including MITS. I was satisfied with all three. Had one defective string from each company that was replaced very quick.

ToddH wrote:

My main question on all this is what is the going rate for your shipping. I have heard that is where you charge more then most and then the price difference between you and CDI becomes equal?

Todd, I don't see anyone on Paul's posts mention Jacob, lets just talk about MITS here. I am guilty of above and have stopped.

JacobJDell wrote:

We have worked out the FedEx shipping system and are able to send a case (24 strands) for between $10-$14 depending on what area of the country you are in. You are able to see the shipping quote on the webiste directly from FedEx. As a note if you are able to use a commercial address for delivery the shipping is usually $2-$4 cheaper per case.

Thanks for the response Jacob. I am still learning on the vendors that others here recommend and have seen you come out of an issue from last year and handled it very professionally if I do say so. I will def be ordering from you this year and hope to get the same service you stand by!

How long does the sale last? I would love to order some lights, but i would need to use my tax refund, which usually comes the 2nd week of feb? any chances of holding on to some prices? I would pay in full.

joshua wrote:

How long does the sale last? I would love to order some lights, but i would need to use my tax refund, which usually comes the 2nd week of feb? any chances of holding on to some prices? I would pay in full.

I am in the same boat as you.Might only buy half as much this year for this reason.

The factory will only hold our prices until January 2012. Once Chinese New Year is in full swing (Jan 23 this year) the factory basically shuts down for a week and when they reopen also say "Happy New Years were raising our prices:(" Please contact me in a pm or Jacob@MagicintheSky.com to see if we can work something out.

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Please let me know "if" and when you get the retro C9's, I need and want some.

Same here. I need 13 cases of 4 colors (975 bulbs)

Our guy will be in China next week and we will have a source at that time. Thanks for your understanding as we must verify that the quality of the c7/c9 is up to par.

Just got work that we have a sample pack shipping from China and once we put them through our QC we will beginning selling in the pre-order. Initial price on a Red C7 will be $0.72 and Red C9 $0.91. We hope to have these in place by Jan 1, 2012 and post a complete color/price list which will leave plenty of time for you to add to your order.

Jacob J. Dell

JacobJDell wrote:

Just got work that we have a sample pack shipping from China and once we put them through our QC we will beginning selling in the pre-order. Initial price on a Red C7 will be $0.72 and Red C9 $0.91. We hope to have these in place by Jan 1, 2012 and post a complete color/price list which will leave plenty of time for you to add to your order.

Jacob J. Dell

Well Jacob,

It looks like your going to be cheaper than CDI! I need Blue, Red, And Green!

Attached files 295183=16307-led%20retro%20fit%20lamps%20%2712(1).jpg

Well I changed this post from it's original content.

I missed you can change the quanity on the site. *DUH*

So it turns out MITS is going to be a LOT LESS less than the other vendor, I can save almost $600 going with Jacob. So looks like come mid to late February is when I will place an order.

But I'll see what the prices are then.

I can't do anything until my back payment check arrives and that will be mid to late February. No money until then.

Hopefully the prices won't be that much higher and I can then get a few more colors.

BTW: When I went to checkout just to see what shipping charges might be, it wants me to establish a Google account. I WILL NOT USE GOOGLE FOR ANYTHING. I have had nothing but problems accessing Google based information, it always tells me to turn on cookies and other things, sorry, that IS NOT going to happen. Even when I had them and eveything else those sorry googleites wanted turned on, GOOGLE would not allow me to access my accounts. I had to go to the library just to DELETE EVERY ONE of my GOOGLE accounts. Absolutely will never use them and don't bother going back when I find the site is "google oriented", just had too many issues with them. No one else, just google!

Never again will I open another google account. So is there any other way than google to checkout and purchase at MITS? Or am I going to have to go elsewhere?

I'd also like to know at least some semblance of what the shipping charges are BEFORE I enter any pertinent info like Credit/Debit Card numbers and such since I am not ready to complete an order and just trying to get an idea as to how much shipping would be to my area. Most sites I can get a rough estimate PRIOR to giving any personal info like that.

Orville,

Sorry to hear about your Google issues (I have had my fair share as well :(, but they offer the cheapest solution to online ordering for us:))

The shipping cost really depends on how much your purchase weights and what "zone" you are in from Texas. We are happy to accept checks and mail orders or you can give us a call 210-267-5371 to get all the details on shipping estimates.

JacobJDell wrote:

Orville,

Sorry to hear about your Google issues (I have had my fair share as well :(, but they offer the cheapest solution to online ordering for us:))

The shipping cost really depends on how much your purchase weights and what "zone" you are in from Texas. We are happy to accept checks and mail orders or you can give us a call 210-267-5371 to get all the details on shipping estimates.

Thanks Jacob.

When I finally have the funds for my LED light purchase(again mid to late February for my back-payment check or so I'm told), can you also take orders over the phone?

If so, once I have the funds in hand, and see what the current pricing is on-line at your site at that time (so far you have been a lot less than a few other sites I've been looking at), I'll give you a call and see about placing an order. Although I may have to cut my order back from what I originally was looking at to purchase.

We can take orders over the phone 210-267-5371; be sure to call and give me an estimate of what you are thinking before the presale ends so we make sure enough is on the container to fill your order.

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

what's the C9 retro status?

As know we have a sample pack shipping from China and once we put them through our QC we will beginning selling in the pre-order. Initial price on a Red C7 will be $0.72 and Red C9 $0.91. Our Rep is flying to China on Thursday to inspect the factory. We hope to have these in place by Jan 1, 2012 and post a complete color/price list which will leave plenty of time for you to add to your order. As soon as I have something I'll post all the details. Sorry for the delay on these we didn't expect much interest, but were very suprised by how many folks need these for their display:D

Jacob J. Dell