Light-O-Rama Forums

Pink Floyd fans only...

George Simmons

George Simmons wrote:

Closing the show each night is a lonely job but someone's gotta do it:

http://vimeo.com/33516745

Video should be available about 30 minutes after the time of this post. Enjoy. Or not, I suppose...

Awesome. I've been trying to convince myself to synch lights to "High Hopes" as that has been my favorite Pink Floyd song since I first heard it 17 years ago. I know...Most PF fans don't like the Division Bell album as it's not the traditional line-up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i8264L8-N4&hl=en&fs=1

+1 Jeff

There are a hand full of people in this hobby that truely inspire those of us who strive to attain the level of artistry and beauty in our displays that they seem to so effortlessly produce. George certainly deserves the recognition for his labors.

I feel pretty dumb when I look at my work and can't even begin to imagine how I will ever get to a level like some of these displays show.
It is both humbling and inspiring at the same time to watch, listen, and learn from the "pros" out there even though we all have things to share and help out each other at times.
Gives us a goal to shoot for as well as a shoulder to lean on when we get stuck.

Bill

Bob Hall wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
Closing the show each night is a lonely job but someone's gotta do it:

http://vimeo.com/33516745

Video should be available about 30 minutes after the time of this post. Enjoy. Or not, I suppose...

Awesome. I've been trying to convince myself to synch lights to "High Hopes" as that has been my favorite Pink Floyd song since I first heard it 17 years ago. I know...Most PF fans don't like the Division Bell album as it's not the traditional line-up.

not here, to me there are no bad Pink Floyd albums and this one is a classic. Feel that way about Rush too!!

Geez Guys- Paul, Caniac, kc, Denis, R, Bob, Orville, Bill... I can't tell you how nice it is to be amongst people who appreciate at least some of the things that spew from my warped mind. I grow more and more convinced that maybe I HAVE finally found the best place to put my genius to work. Thank all of you for your kind words.

Jeff - if you think that saying those nice things is going to get you any more sequences to watch in the future to inspire you, well... I'd say you're being pretty transparent... and also correct. I hope you always feel welcome to use anything that helps. I don't mean to sound haughty in any way but you're right - it is frickin awe-inspiring to stand across the street. Sharon and I do it for hours at a time. I still have a hard time, even after 4 years, believing sometimes that I can do all that. (Uh, I'm still talking about the lights here, by the way...)

Guys (and girls if you like PF) - I've got a couple other PF vids that I'll get the links posted later this evening. It's amazing how far behind I am this year. Season's already more than half over... then it's eleven more months of waiting...

George Simmons wrote:

I can't tell you how nice it is to be amongst people who appreciate at least some of the things that spew from my warped mind. I grow more and more convinced that maybe I HAVE finally found the best place to put my genius to work.
Sharon and I do it for hours at a time. I still have a hard time, even after 4 years, believing sometimes that I can do all that. .. then it's eleven more months of waiting...

What we use to do all day now takes all day to do:P

Denis

Denise Brunner wrote:

George, great job as usual !!! - see ya on the dark side of the moon

Thanks. But did you know that there really ISN'T a dark side? Great album title, but the moon gets just as much sun as the earth does.

Anyway, here's the other links I promised:

Wish You Were Here by Roger Waters

http://vimeo.com/33386184

Time by Pink Floyd

http://vimeo.com/33356962

Despite Sharon's dire predictions to the contrary, people don't seem to drive off very often during these songs. Enjoy.

Alright George, that does it!
I'm selling my house and moving in with you! Just need a small spot to sleep in the garage and maybe a meal or two every now and then.
I love working outside on things and you can keep doing the magic with the sequencing.
Time has such a great beat for the mini trees and things doesn't it?
I started doing a sequence for Learning to Fly this last summer but have not got it finished yet. I have to get a few things built for the display before I can use that sequence!

Nicely done though (stands on chair and clicks lighter).

Keep em coming.

Bill

George, you are the man when it comes to sequencing Pink Floyd songs! :(

Definitely awesome work! Will check your other video out later, got to run a few errands with the wife, so later for now.

Hey George....

Well, we drove up last night to see he show... and it was so worth it. As much as I enjoy watching your videos, they simply do not do the show justice.

I had always pictured your house sitting on a large plot of land with a good amount of space between you and your nearest neighbor. Imagine my surprise when I saw your display consuming your neighbors house.

There is just one problem... after seeing the display, the wife has added a few things to our "must have" list for next year. It should only cost me a few thousand dollars and a month and a half of my summer to update the sequences.

Thanks a lot! :)

crazytrain83 wrote:

Hey George....

Well, we drove up last night to see he show... and it was so worth it. As much as I enjoy watching your videos, they simply do not do the show justice. When I say that it sounds like bragging but that's exactly what people tell us all the time. Glad you enjoyed it.

I had always pictured your house sitting on a large plot of land with a good amount of space between you and your nearest neighbor. I wish... Imagine my surprise when I saw your display consuming your neighbors house. As you can tell, that's about the only place that still has room to add more. Good thing you didn't see it in '08 when it was just our yard and the neighbor on the other side with their Mr. Christmas thingy.

There is just one problem... after seeing the display, the wife has added a few things to our "must have" list for next year. Sounds like my kind of woman... It should only cost me a few thousand dollars and a month and a half of my summer to update the sequences. Oh well, summer's overrated anyway... and if you get in a bind I know someplace close-by where you can get some sequencing done.

Thanks a lot! :)No, thank YOU for the kind words. Merry Christmas!

• The topic was locked