Light-O-Rama Forums

Midi?

BamaFlum

Tried several times. But the result was not what I wanted. Mostly the problem seemed to be the low quality of the MIDI files. Looked a long time but only found either free or $10 a pop so I never bought any. If you find a good source I will work with you. What I really want to do is find a MIDI which is beat for beat in time with performed music. The use midi wiz to build some parts but play the mp3, not the midi.

Ok, so the problem would be to find a good conversion program for the mp3 or the wav files. I was just looking for a simpler way to line up some repetitive parts of the music.

When I saw LOR had a MIDI input, I was hoping to use a keyboard and label my lights on each key and press them for programming.

I was disappointed that it didn't work that way, but it's still a good idea.

Tried to use MIDI a couple of years ago, could see the potential and started looking for MIDI music. Not much good music available, but did find a couple of potential songs.

In trying to use the Midi Wizard, i discovered the actual base beats are not supported, if you look at the bottom of the MIDI wizard screen you will see the beats but you cannot attack the instrument beats to the sequence.

Also the selection of channels is not flexible enough to select various channels if using Tracks.

Was hoping some work would be done this year, but the updates to S3 where needed more.

Maybe next year.