Light-O-Rama Forums

Video of my first year of using LOR

wicket82

I know everybody is probably tired of Wizards of winter but this is the song that got me wanting to do this. I've only got 16 channels and a little of 7,000 lights including the static roof lights. But here is my first video. Sorry if the quality is bad. It was taking with my iPhone. It's not perfect by any means. This is only my first year. Haha. But this is a sequence I downloaded and edited to fit my display to the best of my ability. Haha. We'll hope you enjoy it. Let me know what y'all think.

very good,

we never get tired of WiW :P

I like your take on the "arches" very unique. next year add a few more controllers and on your square arch, add some more colors that will really add depth to your display going from all white to all blue to all green or all red, then mixing it up.

here's my WiW and this makes my 5th year "fixing" this song

Guest Don Gillespie

wicket82 wrote:

I know everybody is probably tired of Wizards of winter but this is the song that got me wanting to do this. I've only got 16 channels and a little of 7,000 lights including the static roof lights. But here is my first video. Sorry if the quality is bad. It was taking with my iPhone. It's not perfect by any means. This is only my first year. Haha. But this is a sequence I downloaded and edited to fit my display to the best of my ability. Haha. We'll hope you enjoy it. Let me know what y'all think.

First off great job, love the squares, must have more info on those babies, light count, construction method etc, etc, you are well on your way to bigger and better things.

Thanks. I do plan on adding more channels and lights next year.  I havent really thought about putting different color lights on my "arches" but I like the idea. When I was thinking about building the arches, I thought, "Why not square? They would be easy to make and I've never seen them before." So I built them instead of regular arches. And the flicker in the icicle lights is more the camera. But they are cheap Walmart icicle lights.

As far as the construction of them, it's just a 2x4 that is ripped in half. So it's basically 1.5in square pieces screwed together. 3 pieces per "arch". The width of the "arches" is double the height.  So the first arch is 1ft tall by 2ft wide, second arch is 2ft tall by 4ft wide, third arch is 3ft tall by 6ft wide, fourth arch is 4ft tall by 8ft wide and fifth arch is 5ft tall by 10ft wide. They are spaced about 20 inches apart so it gives it a nice slant going up and down the arches and makes it look better from the side. If you need a more details on the construction of the "arches" let me know and I'll see what I can do to help. But it's pretty simple to make. Oh and when I was done, I painted them black so the wood wouldn't stand out as much. 

As far as lights go, they are all blue 60ct LEDs for a total of 2580 lights. Here is the light count per arch

Arches
        - arch 1- 17 60ct 1020 blue LEDs 
        - arch 2 - 11 60ct 660 blue LEDs 
        - arch 3 - 8 60ct  480 blue LEDs 
        - arch 4 - 4 60ct 240 blue LEDs 
        - arch 5 - 3 60ct 180 blue LEDs

Oh and as far as the soccer goals go, I haven't figured out the lighted soccer ball yet. I have wrapped it but keep tripping over the dang extension cords and can only kick it one time and then have to replace the lights. Go figure. 

Love the square arch. I toyed with the idea of making square arches this year but I never thought they would look smooth while chasing like curved arches. I never thought about imbedding them with smaller ones.. Great idea.

I am so stealing that for next year! :-)

Nice job!

• The topic was locked