Light-O-Rama Forums

Object variable or With block variable not set

chris2k

When i open a sequence in the sequence editor, i get this error:
"Object variable or With block variable not set" when i move the mouse!

and i cant do anything else, i have to force close the program.

I uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck.

actually i tried to install s3 but didnt know that my license didnt support it, so i uninstalled that and reinstalled version 2.9.4 but this error wont go away.

so im currently using lor v 2.9.4 advanced

Thanks,
Chris

It sounds to me like there might be bits of 2.9.4 and bits of S3 installed simultaneously, which won't work correctly.

Could you please run the LOR Verifier? I expect that amongst the messages it gives you might be some occurrences of message #16, which says that some LOR program (or library) has a different version number than the Verifier expects.

In this case, my suggestion would be uninstalling and reinstalling. I see that you've already done that, but I would try again. If that doesn't work, I would suggest perhaps trying things like third party uninstallers, registry cleaning utilities, etc. There are some recommendations for such things in this thread.

yes i just ran the verifier and got a bunch of those message 16's

If i upgrade to s3 will that fix it? the only reason i didnt upgrade was i was confused which option to pick. I have 2.94 advanced, what do i choose to upgrade to s3

all the options either say " basic to .... or standard to..."

Thanks,

Chris

I don't know whether or not reinstalling S3 will fix it. Something went wrong during some installation, and when things go wrong during an installation, Windows can get all out of whack.

I still suggest trying the things that I mentioned in the previous comment, but your suggestion gives me an additional idea:

There's no reason you can't install S3 without purchasing a license first. So I would download the installer for 3.1.4 and run it (make sure to close all programs first, especially all LOR programs, including the LOR Control Panel).

After 3.1.4 installs, then you can run the Verifier again, and see if you get any more of those #16 messages. If not, then consider purchasing the license renewal, or if you don't want to do that then instead consider uninstalling, rebooting, and installing 2.9.4 (make sure to uninstall 3.1.4 before installing 2.9.4).

As for this:

the only reason i didnt upgrade was i was confused which option to pick. I have 2.94 advanced, what do i choose to upgrade to s3

all the options either say " basic to .... or standard to..."

It sounds to me like you went to the "license upgrade" page, which is for upgrading the level of your license - for example if you have a Standard license but want an Advanced license. You already have an Advanced license, so what you probably want instead is the license renewal page.

An option, though, would be purchasing a SuperStar license. SuperStar is an optional part of S3, and purchasing it counts as a license renewal. So if you want SuperStar, there's no reason to also purchase an actual license renewal.

In either case (license renewal or SuperStar purchase), make sure you use the same email address as you used to initially purchase your license. If that's not feasible, then contact LOR Customer Support before you make your purchase, letting them know that you need the email address on your license changed.

Gerald Corey wrote:

How do you turn off the Control panel and Tray during installation?

Right click on the bulb in the tray.

Click Unload Light-o-Rama