Light-O-Rama Forums

Song not working in show...

johnmeckley

I won't know until tonight's "version" of the show runs, however here is the situation:

I sequenced the Chipmunks song to everyone's liking (don'tcha know we gotta keep the KIDS happy!)... when I run the song from the sequence editor, it works PERFECTLY. Even attaching my LOR laptop to the controller network, it drives the lights PERFECTLY.

Then I try to drop it into the show. Have tried both the simple show editor AND the hardware utility MP3 tab... when the show runs (from my SD chip in the MP3 director card), EVERYTHING but Chipmunks works... we just get to the song before and when it finishes, it skips INSTANTLY over to the following song...

As in year's past, I have re-run the mp3 back through Audacity and re-exported is as a constant bit-rate (128 kbps) mp3... then re-associated it as the media file for the sequence... re-saved the sequence... and as of last night, re-formatted the show onto the SD card from the MP3 tab in the hardware utility (I just can't seem to get the days/times to work from the simple show builder! another problem for another day).

Is there ANYTHING ELSE anyone can think of out there in PC/LOR Land that I may very well have missed?!

- JM

Sounds like it is not able to find the audio associated with the sequence..

Before your show runs tonight, open the "Status" log and watch what happens when that sequence comes up...it should tell you why it was not able to play (if in fact it does not play)

jimswinder wrote:

Sounds like it is not able to find the audio associated with the sequence..

Before your show runs tonight, open the "Status" log and watch what happens when that sequence comes up...it should tell you why it was not able to play (if in fact it does not play)

Jim, since he is running his show from the SD card mp3 director unit, he will not have a status log.

He did say it works from his laptop

JBullard wrote:

Jim, since he is running his show from the SD card mp3 director unit, he will not have a status log.
oh...well that's not good!! :shock:

Yep - did the 128 bps/constant thru Audacity last night and re-wrote to the SD... so we'll see tonight when it goes live! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something else.

As a side note, when I review the SD after writing the show to it, I can SEE all the sequences and mp3s... 13 in all (includes those pesky Chipmunks)... it was just that the sequence/song got skipped. Hopefully, tonight's run will get it right.

THANK YOU ALL and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

- JM

ROFL - wellllllllllllllllllllll....... Chipmunks worked....... then I immediately noticed the Grinch did NOT. Back to Audacity and the Sequence Editor!

(sigh)

128 bps/constant re-exported via Audacity and re-associated with the sequence did it.

As always, I can't thank our LOR "family" enough - y'all ROCK!

- JM

OK - going to try that tonight. Re-saved Grinch (again - so re-re-saved?) in 128 kbps constant and rewrote the show... no luck.

So tonight after close, I'll pull the card and reformat and rewrite the show AGAIN.

(sigh)

- JM

OK - that was NOT it... Grinch still is NOT working.

Have re-formatted the SD card... re-ran the MP3 through Audacity and re-saved in 128 kpbs/constant-rate MP3 format... re-associated that MP3 file with the sequence... re-wrote the show to the SD card... every song EXCEPT the Grinch is working.

Frustrating to say the least. Any OTHER ideas anyone?

johnmeckley wrote:

OK - that was NOT it... Grinch still is NOT working.

Have re-formatted the SD card... re-ran the MP3 through Audacity and re-saved in 128 kpbs/constant-rate MP3 format... re-associated that MP3 file with the sequence... re-wrote the show to the SD card... every song EXCEPT the Grinch is working.

Frustrating to say the least. Any OTHER ideas anyone?

What version of software are you using?

johnmeckley wrote:

Funny thing is I just did the same for Chipmunks and that "fixed" it... Grinch, however, no bueno...

that Grinch can be a grinch sometimes... :shock:

I have had problems with certain brands of SD cards.

If available, try using the original LOR SD card that came with it.

johnmeckley wrote:

S2 v 2.8.12

Funny thing is I just did the same for Chipmunks and that "fixed" it... Grinch, however, no bueno...

If my memory is correct, versions earlier that 2.9.4 does not have the audio file check feature when building the show. Found this out in 2009 that a bad audio file will load OK but not play the sequence.

With 2.9.4 or later the audio file is now checked for correct format.

I remember that as well however, when I "build" the show via the hardware utility/MP3 tab, it DOES check/validate each sequence loaded in... and the Grinch "appears" to load ok.

We just get into the show, up comes Hippo (the song right before) and when it ends, the sequence right AFTER Grinch loads/runs.

Very frustrating. Especially when I *know* I can run the songs individually from the sequence editor and they ALL run perfectly well... argh.

johnmeckley wrote:

I remember that as well however, when I "build" the show via the hardware utility/MP3 tab, it DOES check/validate each sequence loaded in... and the Grinch "appears" to load ok.

We just get into the show, up comes Hippo (the song right before) and when it ends, the sequence right AFTER Grinch loads/runs.

Very frustrating. Especially when I *know* I can run the songs individually from the sequence editor and they ALL run perfectly well... argh.

Have you run the verifier? I had this same exact problem and found out the sequence that wouldn't play was looking in the wrong location for the media file, so the show skips over it and goes to the next sequence. I went in and fixed that and it has run perfectly since. The verifier is your friend.

Thanks CKS... I'll try that tonight. When I loaded the songs one by one, it showed "checking" and "ok" in green for each one, inclusive of his Grinchiness - however, I'll give El Verifier a shot as well - can't hurt!

At this point, I figure I'll get it running ok before 12/24...

LoL