Light-O-Rama Forums

New Controller not Recognized by Sequence Editor

Leroy Thompson

I have been running 32 channels on 2 CTB16PC controllers for 2 years. This year I added a new controller for 48 channels. The new controller is a CTB16PCg3,,,the new generation. The Hardware Utility will run the test for the channels but the sequence editor will not recognize it for sequences. The Hardware Utility indicates "Unrecognized device" instead of the Device typeI am running LOR version 2.6.0 Basic. Do I need to upgrade my software or something? Any help would be appreciated.

You've got nothing to worry about. The S2 software doesn't have one little line of text in one little file that describes the hardware. Why? The G3 controllers were not around when S2 was released.

The controller will function normally.

As Don stated, version 2.x.x software will not accurately ID a Gen 3 controller.

As far as not being abot to operate controller #3. You stated you have the Basic license. That level will support and operate controllers at address 1 and address only. If you wish to run your 3rd controller then you will need to update to a higher license level.

Chuck

Friends:

THanks for the helpful input. I bought an update, downloaded it and installed it in about an hour and immediately the new controller was recognized and my sequence works.

Thanks guys! LOR people are the best!