Light-O-Rama Forums

9th Circuit Pops of GFIs

dhager

It doesnt matter what I plug into it, a single strand of LED, a single flood light, or an extenstion cord with a light end, it will cause the GFI to trip....any clue where to begin trouble shooting it? This is new to me....I bought the system last year, ordered the complete system as I have never soldered anything in my life.

If anything is plugged into channel 9, the GFI trips? When you are doing this, plugging something into ch9, is the board running something? A sequence, a show, anything? Or will it blow the GFI if it's just sitting idle, not doing anything and you plug in something to ch9?

If it blows when something is plugged in while playing, then it's whatever you're plugging in. If it blows while the controller is idle, doing nothing, it's the triac or the way the dongle is wired/plugged in.

If it was a card assembled kit, where you, or someone else attached the dongles, and you have it on two inlet cords, make sure that the neutral for channel 9 is going to the right side of the card. If it is crossed over, it will trip one or both of the GFCI feeding the box.

Ok so I changed the Neutral to a spot on the right side of the board and it worked find. It would pop both GFCIs no matter what I plugged in.

Second question, why do I have two open neutral plugs on this board?