Light-O-Rama Forums

Red light on controllers not going steady even when show plays

rwgaines4

Anyone know what would cause the red lights on the controllers to keep flashing (instead of going solid) when the LOR control panel is running. It is as if they do not hear the 'heart beat' from the LOR software. The show still plays, but during parts of a song when channels are not updated frequently, they shut off (just like what happens when you unhook a network cable). We first noticed when our background sequence kept shutting down at the end of each song.

I unhooked all but the first controller and the light did not stop blinking. Then I shut down the LOR software and re-started it. Light went steady. Reconnected the rest of the controllers and they show a steady light now. My guess is the LOR software on the PC stopped sending the heartbeat message for whatever reason. Restarting the software seems to have fixed it. (v2.3.8)

rwgaines4 wrote:

I unhooked all but the first controller and the light did not stop blinking. Then I shut down the LOR software and re-started it. Light went steady. Reconnected the rest of the controllers and they show a steady light now. My guess is the LOR software on the PC stopped sending the heartbeat message for whatever reason. Restarting the software seems to have fixed it. (v2.3.8)

If you start the software first then connect the network dongle you will not get the steady light because the software checks for the dongle only on startup. After the dongle is found the network can be connected to the dongle anytime after that and you will get a steady light.