• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ultamitking73

• ToddH

• nivek

• shfr26

what a nice way to greet all of us here on the forms esp for a 1st post. GIMMIEGIMMIEGIMMIE! whats the point of doing this if you don't put in any effort other then spending the money to buy the hardware!? sorry...but this sorta tire kicking is starting to get to me or maybe I'm just being over sensitive?!

ToddH wrote:

what a nice way to greet all of us here on the forms esp for a 1st post. GIMMIEGIMMIEGIMMIE! whats the point of doing this if you don't put in any effort other then spending the money to buy the hardware!? sorry...but this sorta tire kicking is starting to get to me or maybe I'm just being over sensitive?!

Hi ToddH,

As one of those new gimmie gimmie guys, I would just like to say thanks to everyone for the help that has been offered here. I have been doing this for a few years now, but this is my first year trying anything but pay-for sequences. Unfortunately, I overestimated my ability when it comes to sequencing , so between paid for sequences and the ones I have been able to get here, it has been a lifesaver.

I do plan to spend some serious time in the coming year to figure this stuff out, so hopefully next season I will be back in a contributing role! :D

Thanks again to all and hope everyone's shows go great!!

Craig

nivek wrote:

I have a 32 channel lor s2 setup looking for more sequences( rudolf the red nose reindeer, amazing grace, mad russian christmas, any tso.) or any other with audio?

thanks nivek

Hi Nivek,

Start out here, you should be able to find a few things to get you going.

http://forums.lightorama.com/forum74/21985.html

You can also learn quite a bit from just browsing through these forums and looking at the sequences people offer.

Also, while not popular here, you can also go to some of the big sites and pay for sequences, then copy and paste them around to fit your setup.

Good luck!
Craig

nivek, the forum and members are full of usefull information. William has put up a link on his sig alot of places to find sequences. http://forums.lightorama.com/forum74/21985.html

As a newbie you should add your city and state, it helps others know where posters live.

Search the forum, it has been request and ask before.

Todd your not bein sensitive, older members know how you feel.

yes Nivek don't worry about the old farts that are to sensitive lol just worry about getting your display up and running in time because in the year I have been on this LOR site back in January not to many people on getting their questions answered or asked and all the "so called pro's" wait til the last minute to ask for sequences because they are to lazy or old so your just fitting right in here Nivek if you need anything let the true troopers who have helped alot of people in the last 2 weeks just so they can get their shows up and running instead of starting earlier and making sure you have everything you need for the season

Nismo214 wrote:

Hi ToddH,

As one of those new gimmie gimmie guys, I would just like to say thanks to everyone for the help that has been offered here. I have been doing this for a few years now, but this is my first year trying anything but pay-for sequences. Unfortunately, I overestimated my ability when it comes to sequencing , so between paid for sequences and the ones I have been able to get here, it has been a lifesaver.

I do plan to spend some serious time in the coming year to figure this stuff out, so hopefully next season I will be back in a contributing role! :D

Thanks again to all and hope everyone's shows go great!!

Craig

ok, let me start by stateing that my comments could have been a bit more....direct as to what drove it. I did not mean to direct it at asking for help, as we all know...we all at one point or another have asked and received TONS of it. I am also guilty of asking for help, hell I spent a good part of an entire day at one of the members house where he took the time to show me how to work the software and tips...so please don't take what I said as a bash to those asking for help.

Its more those who just come on, 1st post, don't even introduce themselfs, and ask for stuff that we work hard on...and members here are MORE then kind enough to share as am I but then I find out about the few who have come on here, and made 3 posts maybe and people have shared their hard work with them, or they click on the link thats available to anyone...to only find out these people are turning around and trying to sell it on ebay or other avenues as their own work just makes me sick that it would happen in this community of people...its almost like I even want to see if Dan will lock that down and only those who have actually purchased the licensed software from LOR have access to those areas and move the sharing of stuff to that area to knock down the few bad apples.

Sorry if i came across as a grumpy old man :) but I am just old school when it comes to respecting others and the things people do for one another and those few who abuse it and then try to self profit from it...brings out the Bronx street boy in me from the day!

So again, sorry if i came across that way.

You grumpy??? A guy from the Bronx grumpy??? Your kidding, right?

I do know what you are saying, your just mad cause you didn't get to set up this year. Only messing with ya!!!! Have you decided to do a small setup this year??

shfr26 wrote:

You grumpy??? A guy from the Bronx grumpy??? Your kidding, right?

I do know what you are saying, your just mad cause you didn't get to set up this year. Only messing with ya!!!! Have you decided to do a small setup this year??

Hardy har har!! don't you have a Koi pond to build or something? :)

And yes, I did decide to do something small, nothing like what I wanted to do but still looks nice, only have 2 songs completed thus far. Music Box Dancer and Tenco vers of Jingle bells. I have to fix a few things on it but will post some shots/vids soon. What about u? Did you get all done and rockin an rollin? do anything new for this year?

Hi. I am also a newbie and have actually finished sequencing my first original Light in Me by Brandon Heathe. It took a while but I think it looks good for a 1st. LOL! I wish I knew how to post a video of my visualization for feedback. I always welcome constructive criticism. Oh, and I too have asked for lots of help. Thanks everyone!

Fd

fdeleon1970 wrote:

Hi. I am also a newbie and have actually finished sequencing my first original Light in Me by Brandon Heathe. It took a while but I think it looks good for a 1st. LOL! I wish I knew how to post a video of my visualization for feedback. I always welcome constructive criticism. Oh, and I too have asked for lots of help. Thanks everyone!

Fd

you can just post a link of the video from where you have it hosted on the internet either through youtube or vimeo. And congrats on popping your cherry :D Its a good feeling when its something you did 100% and you get it going on the lights and walk away from the house and look at it in awee :)

Feel free to visit our site, we have a sequence links page as well as a download page.

FYI: Google 'Sequences', you will find a ton of stuff, some junk, and great.

Enjoy!

Oh and WAY TO GO TODD notice anything????? he hasn't posted since your comment anyways I know you weren't trying to be mean but I get what your saying and all I was saying even I have seen the older crew of LOR ask for things at the last minute maybe next time use better judgement....

Ultamitking73 wrote:

Oh and WAY TO GO TODD notice anything????? he hasn't posted since your comment anyways I know you weren't trying to be mean but I get what your saying and all I was saying even I have seen the older crew of LOR ask for things at the last minute maybe next time use better judgement....

The "older crew"? You mean the ones you referred to as "lazy" or "too old" to help out?

Might want to take a bit of your own advice as it relates to making comments about members of the board and "using better judgment".

edit--corrected one word as I didn't want some lazy old fart older crew LOR member yelling at me...:P:P

Ultamitking73 wrote:

wtg??? we have a new forum police? maybe you should use better judgement.

http://forums.lightorama.com/forum81/29032.html

Guest wbottomley

Ultamitking73 wrote:

yes Nivek don't worry about the old farts that are to sensitive lol just worry about getting your display up and running in time because in the year I have been on this LOR site back in January not to many people on getting their questions answered or asked and all the "so called pro's" wait til the last minute to ask for sequences because they are to lazy or old so your just fitting right in here Nivek if you need anything let the true troopers who have helped alot of people in the last 2 weeks just so they can get their shows up and running instead of starting earlier and making sure you have everything you need for the season

Really? You might want to recant your statement. Because one of us old fart may know the answer to your problem and will decline to help. $hit talking like that gets no where.

Let me ask you one question. Who pissed in your cornflakes?