Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX RGB etc ..

trankin79

trankin79 wrote:

your damn right I'm counting this to my channel count next year!!! :shock:

That's funny!

Any luck with hooking up three ribbons to the one DMX controller? Mine will be hear tomorrow. I can't wait to try them out.

Donny

Yea all three running from 1 controller. I did find if I inject 12v on the third it does seem to brighten it up and run smoother. However it will run just fine without it. Left all 3 running for three days, each having their own sequence and not an issue!!

Donny M. Carter wrote:

trankin79 wrote:
your damn right I'm counting this to my channel count next year!!! :shock:

That's funny!

Any luck with hooking up three ribbons to the one DMX controller? Mine will be hear tomorrow. I can't wait to try them out.

Donny
I think its going to depend on the length of the ribbon.

trankin79 wrote:

Yea all three running from 1 controller. I did find if I inject 12v on the third it does seem to brighten it up and run smoother. However it will run just fine without it. Left all 3 running for three days, each having their own sequence and not an issue!!

Nice! Just what I wanted to hear! Now if that damn DHL will just get here with my ribbons!

Donny

Ed Slonka Jr wrote:

bretK and trankin79,

Watch this video and Bob mentions about the use of usb 485 about 2 minutes into the video. Not sure if this answers your question.

Ed

http://www.lightorama.com/bobpublic/DMXUniverses.swf

Ed,

That is a great directory!

http://www.lightorama.com/bobpublic

Lots of good how to snippets !

So what I get is that if it is being used in the lor world, it wont be available to the dmx world, so in theory they should not crossbreed:shock: but it seems they are anyways, hmm:?

• The topic was locked