Light-O-Rama Forums

2011 Christmas Lights- Thank You Troops and Veterans!

Rotorocious

That is an incredible display! WOW! I hope this video goes viral, the country needs to see more of this. I would be interested in knowing more about the flag on the roof. I wanted to build a large flag last 4th, but when I started, I didn't like the looks of it. I would gladly buy a copy of the soundtrack if available. My town does a summerfest at the end of June and have been wanting to do a big display for it.

Over 40,000 hits so far, Too bad there's 28 idiots who dislike. They need to stand in front of our troups! Just sayin.

Both parents are retired USMC, but you never really retire once a Marine always a Marine. I would love to get this on my house next year. Im at 32 channels this year, stepping up to 128 next. I hope your willing to share!

Great work for everyone involved in this video. This hobby which Im sure started as a Christmas thing has evolved into an Art. There are many one here that make this into something better than boring news or TV shows. Im certain Im not the only one who can watch these videos for hours on Youtube and not be bored!

Thank you for the effort, cost, and work!

Fantastic!

First of all, although I was never in the military, my Dad served both in WW2 and Korea. I have a nephew in Afcrapistan right now (he is the reason that I'm flying an Army National guard flag at my house). Nice to see someone who appreciates both the USA and the sacrifices that our military has made for our freedom.

Secondly, WOW - 496 channel on your first year. The spiral tree is great. How many channels is that?

Where are you located?

Truly Amazing just an awesome job my hats off to you I had two sons in the armed forces one marines the other army both made it back home one wounded and was with a friend who was killed but he his healing and this is a beautiful thing for him to see and help heal. Thanks

Attached files 289043=16002-Colona Christmas house.jpg

WOW, being a marine from years ago. MY JAW DROPPED. I need to find this song for the 4th of july next year. WOW. Thanks, George for posting this on your facebook.

SEMPER FI

Thanks for all the comments! I'm deeply touched by all the positive comments and stories we have received from this.

Sorry I missed some questions;
The spiral tree has 25 channels. It's viewable from any angle and is really awesome. Very pleased with how it came out.
The house is located in Tallahasee Florida.

Here is the link to vote for the Whitis Family House on The Good Morning America Poll. We'd appreciate it! Please spread it around.

https://www.facebook.com/GoodMorningAmerica?sk=app_122246199110

You can actually vote twice , one on the link above, and another if you download their GMA app on your phone to vote.

Thank you!

I just seen this video reposted by a friend on facebook. I seen it and had to come see who did it. VERY nice work. I was so amazed I haven't even finished watching the video yet. so AWESOME JOB and I'll finish watching now. i just looked it and being put up by FreedomAutosport on youtube it has 525,251 hits.

Just want to say Thanks for everyone who helped me get this done. I posted here a while back looking for some last minute help in completing this display. The forum was a great help.
Thanks for everyone who voted so far. With everyone's help we progressed into the Semi finals!

Those who asked about the music, it is now on itunes.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/god-bless-the-usa-armed-forces/id489731812?i=489731813

If you could vote for us again, this time in the Semi-Finals for the Good Morning America Contest.

Here is the link to vote for Whitis Family's House on The Good Morning America Poll. We'd appreciate it! Please spread it around.

http://www.tinyurl.com/whitis

http://www.sodahead.com/fun/my-lights-are-better-than-your-lights-which-house-has-the-best-display/question-2339605/

^This link works from Mobile Phones

You can actually vote twice , on the links above, and another if you download their GMA app on your phone to vote.

Thank you!

Mouth is still open....WOW. I showed my partner this ( he is a former Marine ) He loved it and can certainly appreciate the gift that the display gives to our Troops.

• The topic was locked