Light-O-Rama Forums

dmx not working with 3.1.2

Alan Hanson

I have tonight just made major changes to my visualisation file and grabbed it into superstar. This is the first import I've done since 3.02 and I got 2 errors. The first was a dupe channel or unassigned channel which would be shown in grey. I'm not sure which is the problem channel yet as I have some grey fixtures. What is of a much greater concern is the second error. This one says that only LOR fixtures but not dmx or others can be added. Imagine my surprise when I find that the 150 odd dmx channels which had been loaded with 3.02 don't work with 3.1.2. Hopefully I've done something wrong but as it's now 11:30pm here in Aussie and tomorrow is the big day i haven't got time to stuff around as I desperately need sleep.

Alan Hanson wrote:

I have tonight just made major changes to my visualisation file and grabbed it into superstar. This is the first import I've done since 3.02 and I got 2 errors. The first was a dupe channel or unassigned channel which would be shown in grey. I'm not sure which is the problem channel yet as I have some grey fixtures. What is of a much greater concern is the second error. This one says that only LOR fixtures but not dmx or others can be added. Imagine my surprise when I find that the 150 odd dmx channels which had been loaded with 3.02 don't work with 3.1.2. Hopefully I've done something wrong but as it's now 11:30pm here in Aussie and tomorrow is the big day i haven't got time to stuff around as I desperately need sleep.

Only the error message is new to 3.1.2, I did not remove any functionality. For all I know DMX works, but I have not tested it, nor has any customer reported testing it, so I put that warning message in. If you can test it and tell me what happens I would appreciate it, but I don't expect it will work. Sorry about this, I appreciate your consternation. I very much want to support DMX but I don't have it and just did not have time to coordinate testing it with someone else that this year.

It's pretty easy to test. Open visualiser. Change some existing channels from lor controllers to dmx. Save the visualiser file. Open the visualiser file. Error occurs and dmx channels won't work.

Alan Hanson wrote:

It's pretty easy to test. Open visualiser. Change some existing channels from lor controllers to dmx. Save the visualiser file. Open the visualiser file. Error occurs and dmx channels won't work.

Good point. I will step through the code tonight and see what it will take to support it.

I have looked through the code on what happens when using DMX. It turns out that it is a big enough change that I will not be able to do it until next year.

• 5 weeks later...

ok Brian that answer my question as i have had the same problem looking forward to the update to fix this. also will you be making it so i can use other digital strip in superstar not just ccr. as i have made a 50 pixel matrix with 6803 pixels that i would love to run text over with your program in my lor software look forward to your reply.

I have only tested with ccrs. Superstar of course exports to an lms file that is played by the lor sequence editor. So if you can run your lights from the lor sequence editor we should be able to get it to work.