Light-O-Rama Forums

is it safe to place tomato cages directly on floor (if raining)?

dito

is it safe to place tomato cages directly on floor (if raining)? i see how this could be a problem since the cage is metal standing in a pool of water. i've heard you have to raise them off the ground. i want to be laxy and not have to do this, but...if i have to... can anyone chime in please?

dito wrote:

is it safe to place tomato cages directly on floor (if raining)? i see how this could be a problem since the cage is metal standing in a pool of water. i've heard you have to raise them off the ground. i want to be laxy and not have to do this, but...if i have to... can anyone chime in please?

Just make sure your plugs are up off the ground...

Hey, lets start that whole GFI battle again! Come on, who's with me?? :)

As long as the actual plugs arent in the water, you should be fine.. Just have the controllers GFI protected if you're in a high-moisture area (lotta rain)

dito wrote:

is it safe to place tomato cages directly on floor (if raining)?

As long as it's not a metal floor I wouldn't be too worried. But I think fixing your roof should be the first priority here.

I dipped the legs of my trees in that liquid rubber used for coating tool handles. Probably did not need it but couldn't hurt. Plus I pay the neighbor kid 10 cents an hour to hold the plugs off the ground. He looks good wrapped in lights too!