Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel interference?

Guest guest

I have an animation sequence which does slow fades (5 seconds) of icicle lights. Every minute, they fade from 85% to off, stay off for 10 seconds, and then fade back up to 85%. Otherwise, they remain on at 85%.

I have a set of Santa and reindeer blowmolds on another channel. They are on continuously for the entire sequence.

When the icicle lights dim, the santa and reindeer do a brief blink (not all the way off, but a noticeable dim). When the icicle lights fade back up, the santa and reindeer do the same brief blink.

The icicle lights are connected to one controller and the santa and reindeer are connected to a different controller. So, I don't understand how this could be happening. The controllers are on different circuits.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

I've got the same thing going on in my display (animation sequences), but haven't worried about it. Actually on mine, quite a few of the channels blink during the fades. In fact, I've even seen the channels that are fading, blink during the fade. If you need another sequence to look at, let me know and I'll send mine.

David

David,

What type of controllers do you have? The reason that I ask is that the LOR1602W Model 2 and the CTB16D both have a version of firmware where the lights DO Blink when you fade. That has been repaired in the latest version of firmware.

Other than that I do not know of any reason for this blinking to happen and because Spacerockfan's issue was between controllers I am at a loss to explain.

LightORama wrote:

What type of controllers do you have? The reason that I ask is that the LOR1602W Model 2 and the CTB16D both have a version of firmware where the lights DO Blink when you fade. That has been repaired in the latest version of firmware.

I've got 3 different types of controllers on the "LOR network"

I've got 2 1602W's (reports back MC-Ps version 1.0). I've got 1 CTB16 1.0 and I've got 2 CTB16 2.0's. I was able to duplicate it with a sequence that just uses the 3 CTB16's and doesn't do anythign with the 1602's.

David

David,

When where the CTB16Ds purchased... If it was more than 6 months ago they probably should have there firmware upgraded. My guess is that firmware would be the most likely cause. Now a sequence can also cause the problem and if you send the sequence I can check it out. info@lightorama.com

Dan,

I've seen this same issue with my setup. I have 2 16 channel boards connected via phone cable. The first 24 channels are assigned to my MegaTree. Channel 25 (Board 2 channel 9) runs the star on top and channel 26 (Board 2 channel 10) runs my "Tune Radio" sign which contains 10 C9 bulbs.

I just got the radio sign finished today, so this is the first time I have seen this issue. The problem only appears when channels 17-24 (Board 2, channel 1-8) are blinking.

I'm pretty sure I am current on LOR Software and CTB16D firmware.

-- Bob M.

Let me add the radio sign is running in the "Background" tab, while the rest is in the music tab.

-- Bob

LightORama wrote:

David,

When where the CTB16Ds purchased... If it was more than 6 months ago they probably should have there firmware upgraded. My guess is that firmware would be the most likely cause. Now a sequence can also cause the problem and if you send the sequence I can check it out. info@lightorama.com

I reprogrammed the firmware on all 3 of the CTB16 units and that fixed it. I had thought that the firmware revision was only for a standalone issue, but I probably misread a message.

Thanks,

David