Light-O-Rama Forums

Instant Sequence and Fixtures or Props

thevikester

Ok, I have 6 Mini trees, 3 colors each for 18 channels, so 16 channels on one controller and 2 on the next controller, on the instant sequence, it tends to treat the other 2 channels as seperate...is there a way to group that or do I just need to fine tune it after I export...love the instant sequencer...going to be able to add a handful of sequences this week with this baby!

thevikester wrote:

Ok,  I have 6 Mini trees, 3 colors each for 18 channels, so 16 channels on one controller and 2 on the next controller, on the instant sequence, it tends to treat the other 2 channels as seperate...is there  a way to group that or do I just need to fine tune it after I export...love the instant sequencer...going to be able to add a handful of sequences this week with this baby!

When you Import a Visualization, the default is to "Sort by Rows." When the code sorts by rows, it does its best to group your display into rows (typically 2-4 rows) and the sorts them by position from left to right. It does not look at the controller assignments. So if your mini trees are in a row, they should all get put onto the same row.

When importing a visualization file, if you select "Sorted by CCDevice, Prop, and Fixture" it still groups them by rows, but it will also put the CCDevices first, the Props second and the fixtures last.

If you select "Native" it does no sorting and puts them in the same order you created them in.

So as long as you are not using "Native" it should be grouping your mini trees together as long as they visually appear on the same row in your visualization. If this is not happening, zip up your visualization file (.lee file) and email it to brian@superstarlights.com and I want to see why it is not happening.

BrianBruderer wrote:

thevikester wrote:

When you Import a Visualization, the default is to "Sort by Rows." When the code sorts by rows, it does its best to group your display into rows (typically 2-4 rows) and the sorts them by position from left to right. It does not look at the controller assignments. So if your mini trees are in a row, they should all get put onto the same row.

When importing a visualization file, if you select "Sorted by CCDevice, Prop, and Fixture" it still groups them by rows, but it will also put the CCDevices first, the Props second and the fixtures last.

If you select "Native" it does no sorting and puts them in the same order you created them in.

So as long as you are not using "Native" it should be grouping your mini trees together as long as they visually appear on the same row in your visualization. If this is not happening, zip up your visualization file (.lee file) and email it to brian@superstarlights.com and I want to see why it is not happening.
My mini trees are staggered...just a bit, so it looks like a little bit of a layered mess. It does 4 trees nicely...lets say, runs a sequence of green, but when it gets to the last 2, it stops, or, does one white, one red...I will try to seperate them out a little bit on my visualizer, reimport and try that first. I'm at work so can't send anything out, no internet on my personal computer at work...

Ok, that makes sense. Like you say move them around in the visualizer to be more in a row and it should fix it.

For next year I want to add the ability to manually pick each fixture and sort them by hand. But for this year you will have to change how they appear in the visualization.

BrianBruderer wrote:

Ok, that makes sense. Like you say move them around in the visualizer to be more in a row and it should fix it.

For next year I want to add the ability to manually pick each fixture and sort them by hand. But for this year you will have to change how they appear in the visualization.

Yup[...pulled them out, organized, perfect...Thanks Brian!