Light-O-Rama Forums

Schedule Editor Compleltly Blank

WilliamS

The editor shows no days of the week, hours, notta. I dont get it, I can add shows with the add button and save them. It will not let me view them, if I try add another show it states there is a confict with a current show but I cant see it!

This is going to sound obvious, but I had the same problem when I first opened the schedule editor...

Be sure you're scrolling all the way to the bottom of the scheduler so that you can see the whole thing. If it starts late enough, it might not be visible on your screen.

Ive done that, even on the calendar sides its blank. The status display window shows next show at Monday 6:00pm to 9:00pm. The actual scheduler week/calendar has nothing in it, no days, hours its just a blank white canvas. As in theres nothing at all on the week tab, no days at the top, no hours down the side, Notta!

This is what happens if a certain part of Windows, called mswless.ocx, is missing, corrupt, or so forth. Please try the following:

Close the Schedule Editor, and other programs. Open up a command prompt (running with administrator privileges, if appropriate for your system). In it, type the following two lines:

cd c:windowssystem32
regsvr32 mswless.ocx

Please note the following:

1. There's a space between "cd" and "c:windowssystem32".
2. There's a space between "regsvr32" and "mswless.ocx".
3. There are no other spaces anywhere on either line.
4. The slashes in "c:windowssystem32" are backslashes (""), not forward slashes ("/").

After doing that, a message box should pop up saying "DllRegisterServer in mswless.ocx succeeded." After that, try the Schedule Editor again.

I hope this helps. If it does not, or if you have any questions on it, please let me know.

I got that email a few hours ago too, you guys really do track the forum very well. When I get home tonight ill give it a shot, I know I already have a led string failure to replace. Loving the support and attention from everyone here. 32 channels now, will be 96 next year! Thank you again, I was going to post that email here after I verified it worked for anyone else in the future.

Hopefully the quote from Bob below is fixed showing the back slashes....I think the forum removed them!

bob wrote:

This is what happens if a certain part of Windows, called mswless.ocx, is missing, corrupt, or so forth. Please try the following:

Close the Schedule Editor, and other programs. Open up a command prompt (running with administrator privileges, if appropriate for your system). In it, type the following two lines:

cd c:windowssystem32
regsvr32 mswless.ocx

Please note the following:

1. There's a space between "cd" and "c:windowssystem32".
2. There's a space between "regsvr32" and "mswless.ocx".
3. There are no other spaces anywhere on either line.
4. The slashes in "c:windowssystem32" are backslashes (""), not forward slashes ("/").

After doing that, a message box should pop up saying "DllRegisterServer in mswless.ocx succeeded." After that, try the Schedule Editor again.

I hope this helps. If it does not, or if you have any questions on it, please let me know.

That wasnt it, its driving me batty I cant figure it out! The status tells me the next show starts tomorrow at the proper time but still as my images show, blank.

Attached files 286655=15868-New Bitmap Image (2).jpg

First, just as a workaround: If you have a second computer, you could run the Schedule Editor on that, and then when you have the schedule set up the way you want, copy the "weeksched.lsc" and "yearsched.lsc" from that computer to your show computer. Make sure to take them out of, and put them into, the directory ABOVE your default sequences directory.

For example, if the Sequence Editor saves new sequences (by default) in C:LORDataSequences on the first computer, take them from C:LORData. And if the Sequence Editor saves new sequences (by default) to C:UsersGoofyGuyLight-O-RamaSequences on the second computer, put them into C:UsersGoofyGuy on the second computer.

Second, please send me (bob@lightorama.com) an email about this (please clearly indicate in the email what it is in regards to), and I'll send you something that might (or might not) help.