Light-O-Rama Forums

Is the music embedded or linked

texascop

When I create a musical sequence and select a music file, does the software embed the music into the sequence or link to it. If it is a link, is it a direct link or a relative link.

In other words, does the link look in the default location for LOR then find the music file in ...audio or is it absolute c:DocumentsLORaudio (or what ever the path).

The reason I ask: I create sequences on a network drive where the sequence and audio reside. I then copy it to the standard location on my "Show" computer.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

If I am not mistaken, all of the filenames/paths saved in all programs of the S2/S3 suite are relative as long as they are saved in, or off of, the LOR data directory.

For example, on one computer my main LOR directory is:
E:My DocumentsLight-O-Rama

On the other computer it is:
C:My DocumentsLight-O-Rama

As long as you save files in or under the directory, the paths will be realative. For example, if I save a visualization file on the first machine as
E:My DocumentsLight-O-RamaVisualizationsEditorsomevis.lee

The path is saved relativeto the main dir as:
VisualizationsEditorsomevis.lee. That allows everything to be moved between 2 different computers even if the root/parent directories are different.

HOWEVER, if I were to save a file OUTSIDE of the main directory, say:

C:2011 ShowVisanothervis.lee

then that path will be saved ABSOLUTE.

related question. i am programing a living christmas tree. i have done all my sequencing to a demo track that includes singers. now i want to replace that with the actual show track that is music only. no singers. how do i go about this? I'm thinking that when i remove the existing track my sequence will dissapper. please advise. thanks

mltruman wrote:

now i want to replace that with the actual show track that is music only. no singers. how do i go about this?

EDIT>Media File

this will replace the old track with the new track...

After you have done it, save the sequence, close it out and reopen it and you should see it "converting" the new track

as stated above, unless it is the EXACT same track (just minus the singers) it may not sync up like you hoped.