Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar Instant Sequence questions

awardblvr

Is this the LOR 16x25 tree? If so, you need a visualization of the tree and import the visualization into superstar.

Go to my website at www.superstarlights.com  

Click on "purchase" underneath the word "Sequences"

At the bottom of the sequence purchase page there is a link to download the visualization, and instructions on how to use it.

19 minutes ago, brewers said:

Thanks Brian, It only lets me save target as which ends up being a text file.  Is there another way

Thanks

That may be a browser issue.  I suspect you are using Internet Explorer.  Try a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, Opera).

It may just be me, but I've never been able to put together an instant sequence that looks good or remotely "dances" to the song beats I'm using.  

In the Instant Sequence dialog box click on the Timing Map button. In the Timing Map dialog box it shows what Freqs are assigned to each row. If all rows don't have Freqs then you can manually add Freqs or you can click on the "Set Frequency Spectrum" button in the lower left of the dialog box.

Also, to get a different look to your Instant Sequences, you can try using the "Rapid Fire" trigger type. But it would be best to watch the tutorial on the "Rapid Fire" trigger type. Go to the LOR main website, click on "Support" then click on "Tutorials and PDFs", scroll down, and the superstar tutorials are near the bottom. Look for one about the "rapid fire" trigger.

If the unit ID and channel assignments are correct it should play to all of your lights.

In superstar are you using CCR Mode or are you using an imported visualization?

That's whats wrong, my unit Id are to start at 3, sequence has them starting at  1

Edited by brewers
error

Sorry to be a pain.  Got that all fixed. some things on the tree are facing side instead of front.  Is there an easy fix to rotate everything?

When you say "facing side instead of front" do you mean things are facing towards the left instead of the right?

And is this an Instant Sequence?

Or is this text or an image?

Yes sorry, bad English   Tree sequence just seem twisted  Image facing to left and should be facing more right on 16 x 25 pixel tree

is it that the sequence is playing differently on the actual lights that when played to the screen on superstar?

If so, then the order of the ribbons is probably different on your actual display than how you have it defined in superstar. If you are in CCR mode, then click on the Tools menu and select Layout. Near the bottom left of the dialog box is a setting that says "position of controllers." If it is a vertical display then the two options will be "bottom" or "top." 

And in CCR mode superstar requires that the unit IDs of the strings/ribbons be ordered from left to right as you are facing the display.

If the image is appearing the same on the lights as it is on the computer screen in superstar, and you want to know how to get the image facing right instead of left, do the following:

launch superstar

get the image dialog box to come up

In the list of images, click on the image you are dealing with

Click on the "Add" button in the image list so that you get another copy of your image

Then click on the "manipulate selected image" button, in the dialog box that pops up you can flip it left-right

You now have the original image and one that is facing the other way

On 11/30/2017 at 11:44 AM, namecipS said:

It may just be me, but I've never been able to put together an instant sequence that looks good or remotely "dances" to the song beats I'm using.  

I am having no luck at all... just pixels falling from the top or horizontally one strand at a time. Some shooting up from the bottom.  

Not sure what I am not doing, but I am new to SSS and I was going to use Instant sequence to be a stop-gap until I can do mega tree sequence for all of my AC sequences. One example that may not make since is a wash of pixels from up to down right to left or the opposite of those. Like you can do with Morph.... 

You can try using the "Rapid Fire" trigger type. It will give a different look than the standard trigger type. But you will first want to watch the tutorial on it. Go to the lightorama main website, click on Support, then click on "Tutorials and PDFs". The superstar tutorials are near the bottom. Look for one about the "Rapid Fire trigger type"

There are also several other tutorials on Instant Sequence. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, zeighty said:

I am having no luck at all... just pixels falling from the top or horizontally one strand at a time. Some shooting up from the bottom.  

Not sure what I am not doing, but I am new to SSS and I was going to use Instant sequence to be a stop-gap until I can do mega tree sequence for all of my AC sequences. One example that may not make since is a wash of pixels from up to down right to left or the opposite of those. Like you can do with Morph.... 

That's pretty much what Instant Sequence does.

I am also not a big fan of Instant Sequence.  My suggestion would be to purchase a sequence or two from one of the several sources and use those.  One advantage to doing so is that you can examine how the people who are good with SuperStar did things.  That's how I learned a lot about SuperStar.  First year, I bought five sequences from Brian (if anyone knows the software it's Brian).  Later I bought several from HolidaySequences.  They do many things quite different from Brian, so I learned some other things.  Here's a couple of the well known sources (Brian is first on the list).

http://superstarlights.com/

https://www.seasonalsequences.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html