Light-O-Rama Forums

Who is starting their shows Thanksgiving night?

WiggyHD

WiggyHD wrote:

otisriggs wrote:
Up and running for the first time ever. Pretty cool to see the end result of all the hard work. Got a few adjustments to make but all in all it turn out good. I can't seem to get a good video because yard is 140' wide so I have to be back to far to get it all . hmmmm

Makes you feel great! When I am out by the road, the tree trunks in the front yard (oaks, not the pretty ones)get in the way. Not for passers by, but for the camera. I don't know how I'm going to deal with it either.

Mark

Priorities!!! Call a tree cutting crew. :shock::D LOL

Up and running (last night, Thanksgiving evening). Tested all songs the night prior, made some adjustments and ran perfect for Thanksgiving night.

Finally, get to see new projects/sequences in work. :D

Paul Roberson wrote:

WiggyHD wrote:
otisriggs wrote:
Up and running for the first time ever. Pretty cool to see the end result of all the hard work. Got a few adjustments to make but all in all it turn out good. I can't seem to get a good video because yard is 140' wide so I have to be back to far to get it all . hmmmm

Makes you feel great! When I am out by the road, the tree trunks in the front yard (oaks, not the pretty ones)get in the way. Not for passers by, but for the camera. I don't know how I'm going to deal with it either.

Mark

Priorities!!! Call a tree cutting crew. :shock::D LOL

That was what my girls told me last night right after the "OMG this is GREAT!" Wish you could have seen them. Maybe they'll pitch in a little more help next year?

Mark

I ran a private show (as private as it could be) for family over for Thanksgivng Dinner. Turning into a tradition now, everybody gathers out in front of the house, usually well oiled by wine or Margaritas. We turn on son's sound system in his car and I run the entire playlist. We had a few cars slow down to gawk more at the crazy people dancing on the sidewalk than to the lights. It's a good chance to look for flaws in sequencing; none seen this year. We bundle up my 83 year old mother and prop her up in a folding chair so she can enjoy it too. Then into the house for pie and coffee.

The "public" show starts tonight at 530.

First big, last non LOR show and I've had quite a few cars going by slowly on my sleepy subdivision road. I was even throwing up one last sting of lights I found and one of them rolled the window down and yelled "Pretty house, it looks great!" I smiled and said thank you, but then thought, pretty?... I need more lights!

Started my show Thanksgiving Night. and had just a few visitors. Today, 11/26 FINALLY got everything in place. (Had to wait for the truck to be detailed before mounting the Sleigh!) One good piece of news.. My new Creative Vado HD Camera arrived today! Hope to get some video tonight and see how it turns out! Will keep all posted BTW Got the VADO for $50. on amazon (Get the white or purple..MUCH less expensive)

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Labs-Camcorder-Generation-Minutes/dp/B002P3N1H4

Tom Straub

I turned mine on last weekend when the display was completed.

The only difference is I am running a shorter show ending earlier in the evening. I will allow it to run longer starting Dec 1.

M.