Light-O-Rama Forums

unable to locateLORPort

Big Al

when connecting my controller I get a message "Unable to locate LOR Port check that the controller is connected and that it is powered on. I have it plugged in the fuses are good I had it checked with a meter and it is getting power. the led light is not on. Please help I'm pulling my hair out.

Have you done the configure comm port in the Hardware utility?

If after you run the configure comm port you still cannot find a comm port. It may be that your computer assigned the adapter a comm port higher than LOR can access with the hardware utiltity.

Chuck

cmoore60 wrote:

Have you done the configure comm port in the Hardware utility?

If after you run the configure comm port you still cannot find a comm port. It may be that your computer assigned the adapter a comm port higher than LOR can access with the hardware utiltity.

Chuck

Thankyou for your help.

yes I have done the configure.

I have refreshed I am running out of ideas and running out of time.

If anyone has any ideas please help. I'm lost.

Ok, you've got an LOR adapter, so you say the red LED does not light, you've got power to both sides of the board, correct? Have you tried to reset the board? (check the manual for how to do this on your board) Then repower the board and see if the light comes on. If it does, good, if not then go to the troubleshooting guide for the soldered kits, and follow those instructions for your board. They may help. You may also have to reseat the PIC (the computer chip), I've had them come loose before. Good luck,

Bill

Big Al...you may want to work this thru just one message thread...I understand the frustration, but it seems you posted your problem in 3 different places. Makes it kinda tough to help you out...

DonFL wrote:

Big Al...you may want to work this thru just one message thread...I understand the frustration, but it seems you posted your problem in 3 different places. Makes it kinda tough to help you out...

Sorry about the multiple posts. I am frustrated.

It does seem to be a power problem . It's not the fuses. I have no clue.

Big Al,

Was this a controller you assembled? If you assembled the controller. Did you install the PIC chip (28 pin chip) the correct orientation. The notch should be to the right on this chip. The other chips have the notch towards the left.

Chuck

cmoore60 wrote:

Big Al,

Was this a controller you assembled? If you assembled the controller. Did you install the PIC chip (28 pin chip) the correct orientation. The notch should be to the right on this chip. The other chips have the notch towards the left.

Chuck

No This was no solder. I did the wires and the controller checked out fine in October all channels worked when I tested it. Now on the day I was to light up I plug it in and get nothing.

I do appreciate how helpful everyone is on this forum.

So just to confirm, you have verified you have power on both sides of both fuses?

The 9-16 side of the controller powers the chips, etc...that is the side you want to make sure is fine.

And, just to be sure, you plugged it into another outlet, or verified you have 110VAC at the outlet(s) you are using?

DonFL wrote:

So just to confirm, you have verified you have power on both sides of both fuses?

The 9-16 side of the controller powers the chips, etc...that is the side you want to make sure is fine.

And, just to be sure, you plugged it into another outlet, or verified you have 110VAC at the outlet(s) you are using?

yes to all. I have power on both sides of the fuses I even changed fuses. still nothing. I have tried to reset the controller. I'm not sure I did the reset right. If anyone thinks they can talk me through this please. my number is 412-734-5016.

DonFL wrote:

Yes to all. I have checked there is power to both sides. I even changed fuses. If anyone thinks they could talk me through this please call. My number is 412-734-5016. I can sure use the help.